Wind Back Time
Vauxhall Velox 1955
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"In February of this year I sold our 1980 Jaguar XJ6 classic car to Mr Jesmond Micallef of Rangiora. Our business dealings for the sale was straight forward and punctual. I would recommend Jesmond and his business to other persons wishing to sell their Classic Cars."Garry Linkhorn, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
The Vauxhall Velox is a large family car, introduced by Vauxhall shortly before the London Motor Show in October 1948, as a successor to the Vauxhall Fourteen.
The Velox mirrored North American styling trends much more closely than other European models of the time.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- The general condition of this car is very tidy and presentable.
- It is an honest car in very good order, that drives and works exceptionally well.
- A well maintained and desirable classic car.
- Good paint, good clean body
- Interior very good
- Clean lines and traditional styling
- Great performance, safe, steady and remarkably light handling.
- This car's first registration in New Zealand was on the 10th of January 1955. It is however possible that this car is a 1954 model, as we are of the understanding that 1955 saw a significant facelift on these cars, which are not present on this car. Most obvious of the many cosmetic changes was a new front grille and trafficators were replaced by red flashing lights at the rear, US-style.
- 5 owners from new – first for 46 years.
- The car, a six seater, has some other unique features such as the windows have no winders. You push them up and down. But when you lock the doors it locks the windows.
- It's three on the tree feature was also unique to the Vauxhall. It's got a three speed transmission on the steering wheel. It's got synchromesh on the first gear which stops you graunching the gear.
- It has a six-cylinder engine with a top speed of 129 kilometres per hour. It can hold a higher cruising speed, which makes it very driveable in today's traffic.
Call it “good taste”¦call it “distinction” or we can simply say that it was away from the common market place at the time¦but however we describe it, when one set eyes on the Vauxhall Velox, its clear to see that it must have been a car that got seen and noted.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.