Wind Back Time
Vauxhall Kingston Sports Coupe 20-60 T 1930
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The 3.0ltr Vauxhall 20-60 four-seater Sportsman's Coupe.
These cars were introduced by Vauxhall of Luton in 1927. Improvements in 1930 included:
- A crankshaft with seven bearings with a larger surface area and the crank pins are now bored to reduce weight.
- A new higher level air cleaner is fitted.
- There is a mechanical fuel pump to draw petrol from the tank at the rear, powered by a drive taken from the camshaft.
- The engine is now mounted on rubber and bore increased from 73mm to 75mm adding 465cc to the swept area and it is now a 2.9 litre engine.
- The combustion head, intake manifold, camshaft and silencer are redesigned. The exhaust manifold is now in one piece and passes gases towards the back of the engine.
- Pistons are now aluminium and the crankshaft bearings have been enlarged to meet the greater power output.
- Chassis frame is strengthened
- Suspension is now longer rear springs and hydraulic dampers are now fitted
- Propellor shaft now had metal in place of fabric joints – required by higher shaft speeds
- Lighting: twin-filament long-range head lamps are fitted and an automatic reversing light. The steering has been modified and lights are controlled from the centre of the steering wheel.
- Body: the front wings are now more streamlined.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Car was bought new in 1930 by a well known draper in Kaiapoi, who owned till 1938, when it was sold to its second owner in Christchurch. In 1939, the car was sold again in Harwarden. In 1958, car was purchased once again from Christchurch. It was around this time that the car had a ground up restoration. Fifth Canterbury owner owned for about 12 months.
- Restoration history available in detail.
- Various old photos and literature available including full ownership history, Vintage Car Club ID etc. This is Chassis number T1200.
- Condition is very good being an older restoration – starts well, works and drives beautifully- motor runs very silent.
- Very clean body, free from rust – Good paintwork.
- Interior in excellent condition.
- Six NEW tires.
- Impressive looking vintage car that turns heads where ever it goes.
- As far as we're aware there's ONLY ONE ORIGINAL EXAMPLE in New Zealand and this it, so this makes it a VERY RARE car.
- Head done four months ago – now has stainless valves – traveled circa 150miles since.
This car is not only beautiful and rare but also a very good investment.Great for Art Deco and other events in New Zealand and around the world.
Great Buying here – Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.