Wind Back Time
Triumph TR6 PI 1970
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"We bought a sports car from Waimak Classic Cars earlier this month. As we do not live in Rangiora, most of our dealing had to be with them by phone. Gloria was extremely helpful - laying to rest any fears we had on the reputation of the company. She went out of her way to give us the information we needed and more. She was honest in giving answers e.g. she warned us that the car may not suit a very tall person and gave us records and photographs to assist in the purchase. Both Gloria and Jesmond were incredibly pleasant, easy to deal with, did what they said they would do, and we would thoroughly recommend any one to do business with them. The car has been a great success - in perfect condition and my wife has fallen in love with it. What an amazing selection of cars they have. Thank you to Gloria and Jesmond"Athol Dixon and Diane Hart, Queenstown, New Zealand
More Power, More Fun – I have always loved the raw, unrefined sports car look of the TR6.
The car's performance – both acceleration and braking are more than adequate. The connection between car, driver and road are exceptional. The handling is excellent for a 70's vintage roadster. It all adds up to incredible fun. And it seems every day someone is giving a thumbs up or stopping to compliment the car's design and style. The TR6 puts a smile on the driver's face and everyone around him.
A throw back to a simpler time when car and driver were one and every mile of roading was total enjoyment. The sound of the inline six is beyond description as you blast through the curves with top down.
You can do all of your own basic maintenance and most relatively inexpensive parts are still readily available and reasonably priced from various outfits – nationally and internationally.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- CONCOURS Condition
- Car Chassis #: CP/52370-O
- Engine # CP/52082-HE
- Body #: 51366-CP
- Other Key # recorded: FS.880, FT.158
- Factory RHD Export model manufactured in the UK.
- Sold new by Australian Motor Industries, Melbourne.
- Imported into New Zealand from Australia. This vehicle was shipped from the Eastern Dock, Southampton aboard the vessel ‘Port Pirie'
- One Owner in New Zealand
- Factory Fitted Equipment include Heater, Wire Wheels, Overdrive, 165 x 15 Dunlop SP Tyres (Note that wire wheels, hardtop, overdrive and tonneau cover were optional extras). This car is manual / overdrive.
- Heritage Certificate Available
- Soft Top & Tonneau– brand new in black – still in bubble wrap.
- Spare Wheel and Jack available
- Independent front suspension. by unequal length double wishbones, coli springs and telescopic dampers.
- Independent rear suspension by semi trailing arm, coil springs and lever arm dampers.
- Rack and pinion steering
- Various receipts for maintenance & restoration records dating back to 1994 – no expense spared in restoring and maintaining this beauty.
- This car is tight and is perfectly OK even for a 6 footer.
- TR Register Wellington National Weekend 2014 – Winner Concours D'Elegance
- TR Register Blenheim National Weekend 2015 – Winner Concours D'Elegance
- TR Register Dunedin National Weekend 2016 – Winner Concours D'Elegance
- Ellerslie Intermarque Concours D'Elegance – Winner – 5th Place
This is an awesome, British Two Seater Convertible, that is appreciating like no other Triumph at the moment. It is very much a masculine machine, calling for beefy muscles, bold decisions, and even ruthlessness on occasion. It could be dubbed the last real sports car.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.