1974 Triumph TR6
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond, The Daimler Double Six you sold me late last year has been an absolute pleasure. Its a great car for weekends away and Sunday drives. It was also my main car for a while and was fabulous and faultless. Thanks again for your service; efficiency, honesty and integrity over the sale. I'd not hesitate to buy another car off you again and have recommended you to many people."Garry Butler, Wellington, New Zealand
When describing a car, we always put a lot of thought in how to describe it.
The car that the term ‘last of the hairy-chested British sports cars' was perhaps designed for, the TR6 has been a firm favourite for over 40 years.
Triumph rocked the motoring world by announcing the first British petrol injection sports car – the TR5 P.I. Then came the TR6 P.I., bringing new style, new features and new status to fuel injection motoring. The TR6 was created for that person who knows what motoring is all about; who is mature enough to appreciate superb engineering; who is eager to accept both the thrills and the responsibilities of power motoring allied to superb roadholding. In the hands of such a person, the TR6 P.I. is one of the most responsive sports cars in the world – at any price.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- 1325 Miles since body off restoration in 2015.
- Some cars can be described as Mint, Concours or Like New and sometimes even as “Pebble Beach Quality”. This car is not only everything shiny and in excellent condition but it is restored accurately, or as close to the way the original creator intended as possible. For this reason we struggle with how to refer to this one. We can't call it new because in actual fact its over 40 years old. We can't call it like new because its arguably better than new and if we simply describe it as concours, we've been in classic cars long enough to know how loosely the word ‘concours' is used nowadays and just because a car is referred to as concours or accepted to any concours d'elegance event, does not mean it proves that “the quality of that restoration was indeed up to international concours standards. This one, we feel is a superior TR6 to anything we've ever seen and in our opinion is one of the best in existence.
- This car has had an extensive, meticolous restoration and comes with hundreds of photos showing the restoration process in detail.
- This is a not just a driver's cars but a no nonsense investment for someone who knows how to live and drive in style. Every line, every curve, every angle earns its keeps in terms of better motoring.
- Chassis #: CR53330 / Engine #: CR003268HE
- What a magnificent piece of history - with only two owners on record and with very little miles travelled since restoration, this Triumph is arguably the most beautiful TR6 in New Zealand
- Manual with Overdrive, it drives and works like a new car and would be a talking point in any collection.
- The TR6 cabin experience is a snug one, particularly for six-footers, who may prefer a smaller diameter or dished steering wheel to feel more comfortable. Once you've settled in though, the controls fall readily enough to hand. The gearbox requires a firm touch, particularly when cold, but offers a change that is both positive and rewarding. Slotting home gears are a pleasure, especially when you make full use of the torque offered up by the sonorous straight-six engine – it's worth holding off the changes a little longer, better to enjoy the delicious, rasping exhaust note.
The Triumph TR6 ranks as one of the most popular British sports cars ever made. It was basically a re-skinned TR5, complete with fuel-injected, six-cylinder engine mounted to an IRS chassis. Regular coachbuilder Giovanni Michelotti was unavailable, so German firm Karmann stepped up to the plate instead, producing a sharp redesign, but still utilising the same body tub.
If you are looking ahead to the summer with open-top motoring in mind, you'd do well to consider a TR6. The bare facts make a lot of sense – superb back-up from both clubs and specialists. For the more hard-nosed buyer, a decent TR6 will make a good investment too – the rarity and desirability of the preceding TR5 has seen prices of that model skyrocket in recent years. A knock-on effect being that the TR6 is following suit as people cotton onto the fact they are pretty much the same car underneath. Prices have certainly strengthened over the last few years, and are sure to rise. Getting in now should prove a shrewd investment.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.