1974 Triumph TR6
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I just wanted to thank you for the beautiful 1974 XJ6 that I have purchased from you. I live north of Auckland and so I did not view the car prior to purchase, but after speaking with Jesmond I did have the confidence to buy the car from the photos only. I’m very happy to say that my confidence was not misplaced and when the car arrived on the transporter this morning I was totally thrilled with the car. I have wanted one of these cars for 50 years and now I have achieved my ambition! Many thanks once again, I would recommend your company and service to anyone."Bob Stride, Auckland, New Zealand
When describing a car, we always put a lot of thought in how to describe it.
The car that the term ‘last of the hairy-chested British sports cars' was perhaps designed for, the TR6 has been a firm favourite for over 40 years.
Triumph rocked the motoring world by announcing the first British petrol injection sports car – the TR5 P.I. Then came the TR6 P.I., bringing new style, new features and new status to fuel injection motoring. The TR6 was created for that person who knows what motoring is all about; who is mature enough to appreciate superb engineering; who is eager to accept both the thrills and the responsibilities of power motoring allied to superb roadholding. In the hands of such a person, the TR6 P.I. is one of the most responsive sports cars in the world – at any price.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- 1325 Miles since body off restoration in 2015.
- Some cars can be described as Mint, Concours or Like New and sometimes even as “Pebble Beach Quality”. This car is not only everything shiny and in excellent condition but it is restored accurately, or as close to the way the original creator intended as possible. For this reason we struggle with how to refer to this one. We can't call it new because in actual fact its over 40 years old. We can't call it like new because its arguably better than new and if we simply describe it as concours, we've been in classic cars long enough to know how loosely the word ‘concours' is used nowadays and just because a car is referred to as concours or accepted to any concours d'elegance event, does not mean it proves that “the quality of that restoration was indeed up to international concours standards. This one, we feel is a superior TR6 to anything we've ever seen and in our opinion is one of the best in existence.
- This car has had an extensive, meticolous restoration and comes with hundreds of photos showing the restoration process in detail.
- This is a not just a driver's cars but a no nonsense investment for someone who knows how to live and drive in style. Every line, every curve, every angle earns its keeps in terms of better motoring.
- Chassis #: CR53330 / Engine #: CR003268HE
- What a magnificent piece of history - with only two owners on record and with very little miles travelled since restoration, this Triumph is arguably the most beautiful TR6 in New Zealand
- Manual with Overdrive, it drives and works like a new car and would be a talking point in any collection.
- The TR6 cabin experience is a snug one, particularly for six-footers, who may prefer a smaller diameter or dished steering wheel to feel more comfortable. Once you've settled in though, the controls fall readily enough to hand. The gearbox requires a firm touch, particularly when cold, but offers a change that is both positive and rewarding. Slotting home gears are a pleasure, especially when you make full use of the torque offered up by the sonorous straight-six engine – it's worth holding off the changes a little longer, better to enjoy the delicious, rasping exhaust note.
The Triumph TR6 ranks as one of the most popular British sports cars ever made. It was basically a re-skinned TR5, complete with fuel-injected, six-cylinder engine mounted to an IRS chassis. Regular coachbuilder Giovanni Michelotti was unavailable, so German firm Karmann stepped up to the plate instead, producing a sharp redesign, but still utilising the same body tub.
If you are looking ahead to the summer with open-top motoring in mind, you'd do well to consider a TR6. The bare facts make a lot of sense – superb back-up from both clubs and specialists. For the more hard-nosed buyer, a decent TR6 will make a good investment too – the rarity and desirability of the preceding TR5 has seen prices of that model skyrocket in recent years. A knock-on effect being that the TR6 is following suit as people cotton onto the fact they are pretty much the same car underneath. Prices have certainly strengthened over the last few years, and are sure to rise. Getting in now should prove a shrewd investment.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry