Wind Back Time
Triumph TR6 1973
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"With over 20 years in the motor trade, I suppose my expectations were higher than most. But happy to say Jesmond and Gloria didn't disappoint. To be honest they exceeded my expectation! I had previously seen vehicles for sale on their website, but like most "experts" in the trade thought I could get cheaper. However its a case of 'you get what you pay for.' And for the peace of mind of dealing with genuine honest people, and getting a car that really is as good as its described - you cant go past Waimak. A thank you gift and free drop off to the airport were great touches. And while this was my first experience, I'm sure it wont be my last. Will definitely be in touch for my next classic."Andre Rabbitte, Auckland, New Zealand
The bodywork closely resembled that of the previous model, the TR5, but the front and back ends were squared off, reportedly based on a consultancy contract involving Karmann. This is referred to as a Kamm-style tail, which was very common during 1970s era of cars.
ABOUT THIS CAR
This car features the inline six-cylinder engine and Lucas fuel injection.
- It also features a four-speed manual transmission with overdrive - a very desirable feature giving drivers close gearing for aggressive driving with overdrive available on 3rd and fourth gears, yet "long legs" for open motorways.
- Semi-trailing arm independent rear suspension, rack and pinion steering.
- Disc brakes at the front and drum brakes at the rear. A factory hardtop also comes with vehicle.
- An old school body construction bolted onto a frame instead of the two being integrated into a unibody structure; wooden dashboard etc.
- The TR6 can accelerate from zero to 60 mph (97 km/h) in 8.2 seconds and has a top speed of 120 mph (190kmh)
- Various maintenance and servicing records available, this car can be best described as a well kept, tidy, and very presentable example.
- Straight, rust free body with good paintwork.
- Very Tidy interior
- Tonneau Cover and Soft Top in very good condition
- Good tires all round.
- No Hard top available with car.
- Various mechanical records / servicing history available.
- Original Certificate Of Registration available
- This car is tight and is perfectly comfortable to get in and out of, even for a 6 footer.
A throw back to a simpler time when car and driver were one and every mile of roading was total enjoyment. The sound of the inline six is beyond description as you blast through the curves with top down.
You can do all of your own basic maintenance and most relatively inexpensive parts are still readily available and reasonably priced from various outfits – nationally and internationally.
This is an awesome, British Two Seater Convertible, that is appreciating like no other Triumph at the moment. It is very much a masculine machine, calling for beefy muscles, bold decisions, and even ruthlessness on occasion. It could be dubbed the last real sports car.
Will be sold warranted and registered.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.