Wind Back Time
Triumph TR3A 1958
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Just wanted to say a massive thank you to the whole team for the experience of purchasing the charade. From the first minute talking through the car details and history I was filled with complete confidence that I was purchasing from genuinely kind and helpful people who have the best interest of the car and future owners in mind. Sorting through insurance and the shipment to Auckland was an absolute breeze, and the car arrived in 4 working days! The car on arrival was better than my wildest dreams, not a single ding, scratch or issue in sight - I am absolutely blown away by the quality I received! Feeling very blessed, thank you so much for the experience and I will absolutely be using you again for any future classic car purchases. Have a great remainder of the year, you have made mine!"Jack Varndell, Auckland, New Zealand
The Triumph TR Sports Car was first shown to the British public at the Earl's Court Motor Show in October 1952.
After just 2 years of TR production, the TR3 arrived. In the summer of 1957 perhaps the most famous and loved variant started to come down the Canley factory line, the legendary TR3A.
The most popular of all the classic TRs, over 58000 TR3A's were sold until production ceased in 1961.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car is in MINT CONDITION - It has been subjected to a nut and bolt restoration in 2006.
- Body was stripped down to bare metal and painted. Paintwork and chrome work is still like new.
- Motor stripped down, reconditioned and is in perfect working order.
- Mechanically perfect – had a lot of work done to it – as follows:
- Replaced Various Bulbs, Switches, Relays, Insulation tape, All cable ties, Connectors, nuts and bolts, Distributor Ignition Kit, rocker shaft, bushes etc.
- oil pump reconditioned, ex valves, in valves, valve guides, crank thrust washers, cam bearings, drive shaft, manifold and flange gaskets replaced,
- Surface block recut sleeve seats, grind cam, resize conrod tunnels, polish crankshaft, had crank bungs fitted, gudgeon bushes honed to suit new pins, had full engine balance,
- had rocket shaft stripped and rockers rebushed,
- had transmission work done,
- had water pump done and,
- had much more work done to it – too much to mention here in fact – various receipts available with car.
- Original Certificate Of Registration and history dating back to 1970 available.
- Tonneau Cover, Hood Cover, Hood and side curtains all in perfect condition.
- Thor Hammer, some tools and Owners Manual available
- Won 2nd place at the Concours Elegance in Otago in 2009
This car is in amazing condition and a real fun car to drive.
Price Firm. It will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.