Wind Back Time
Triumph TR3 1958
Call Us On
Share With Friends
Alongside the contemporary MGA, the Triumph TR3 is the ‘other' popular British roadster from the 1950s.
Simple and reliable, the TR3 could reach 110 mph and sold very well to customers who had performance in mind.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Driving this TR3 is an invigorating experience. The power to weight ratio is good, and the 2-litre engine is flexible enough to pull heartily from fairly low speeds. Heavy traffic can be negotiated at 20-30mph in top gear, while the car will even move off from a standing start in second gear. At the same time, it is only really above 2000rpm that the engine produces its real power.
- Once on the move, the gearbox is a delight to handle, through its central stubby, short-throw lever. When the side-screens are removed there is plenty of elbow room.
- The ride in general is quite good. The short wheelbase and shock settings produce a certain amount of pitching over big bumps, but smaller irregularities are nicely absorbed. On the whole, the standard suspension setup offers a decent balance between ride and road-holding prowess.
- The disk brakes, which was standard post 1956, means it stops pretty sharply too.
- I suppose the principal value of any TR is in its bodyshell and this car is pretty good in this regard.
- TR engines are renowned for their longevity – 150,000 miles between rebuilds is possible, providing regular servicing has been undertaken. Oil pressure is around 50psi, which is the desired figure on this model figure the engine is good and warmed up. This car has a very sound engine that produces NO rattling or tappet noise.
- Manual / Overdrive
- This TR3 handles wonderfully – that vintage feeling.
- Uncomplicated and durable suspension.
- Simple trim in very good order.
- A carefully maintained Classic Sports Car with wire wheels and overdrive.
- Engine work carried out in the 90's at circa 61K miles
- Servicing and maintenance records available.
- Mint condition throughout – great wee classic – great investment!.
- Soft Top only – White Soft top and side curtains in good condition and available with car.
The Triumph TR series of sports cars was designed to provide maximum performance at minimum cost. Triumph found success with the TR2, so the introduction of the TR3 was a natural progression. Engineering development, assisted by the works competition programme, continued to the point where the TR was refined into arguably the most reliable, rugged and competitive sports car available in the late 1950s. To this day, the TR3 still manages to accomplish that objective in an exhilarating manner.
Buy a good one, like this one, and you won't go wrong.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.