Wind Back Time
Triumph TR2 1954
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"We wanted to sell our Vintage Car and were directed to Jesmond & Gloria of Waimak Classic Cars. The association was a pleasant experience as Jesmond was a dependable, helpful and considerate person to deal with. And so too was Gloria. Richard and I are happy to recommend the services of Jesmond at Waimak Classic Cars."Richard & Jean Gluyas, Christchurch, New Zealand
Forever synonymous with the TR range of sportscars, the Triumph marque was in a state of flux when the first of that famous line was introduced in 1953. From that point, it has never looked back and yet had it not been for the TR series – and most notably, the TR2 that started it all off – Triumph as a marque could well have died out long before it did. The success of these sporting roadsters also saw the marque become the dominant partner of the Standard-Triumph concern.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Faster than a Healey and cheaper too.
- Chassis #: TS/3628-0
- Body #: 769882
- Engine #: TS/3965-E is the correct type and is likely to be original.
- Wire Wheels
- Manual / Overdrive
- Adjustable Steering Column
- Competition Springs and shock absorbers
- Immaculate Condition.
- This is a long door version and according to its British Motor Industry Heritage Certificate, left the works on 14 September 1954 to be delivered to Christchurch. In fact there were 5 TR2's in the shipment to New Zealand and sixty years later three of these cars are still in Christchurch, registered and on the road.
- This car was fully restored in 2009 and since then has had more work done to the suspension to improve the ride and handling. fitted new wire wheels and new tyres.
- The Heritage Certificate indicates that this was a high spec car from new, as it arrived in NZ already on wire wheels, with overdrive and adjustable steering column, competition springs and shock absorbers, an alloy sump and “special jets” in the carburetors.
- It even has studs on the scuttle ready to accept an aero screen. Many TR2's have been upgraded over the years to this level of specification and it is very unusual to find one which is documented to have left the fctory with what appears to be a full list of performance upgrades already fitted.
- This is no UK rust bucket or LHD conversion from the USA.
- The tan upholstery is all leather and the hood and curtains are in excellent condition.
- This car drives tight and shows no faults at all. It has been extremely well looked after.
- Dark green is not a forgiving colour when it comes to showing flaws in bodywork and there is no sign of anything amiss here.
- The very torquey engine starts instantly and runs beautifully.
- The four speed gearbox with a delightful short throw gearshift is quick and precise, the synchros all work perfectly and the car seems to beg to be driven in an enthusiastic manner.
- Original steering box.
- Comfortable seating, which makes it perfectly suitable for touring.
This TR is an ideal buy for someone wanting a turn key and drive off sports car with all the factory go-faster buits already there, for touring, vintage or classic racing, or even just for an occasional drive on a sunny Sunday afternoon.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.