Wind Back Time
Triumph TC2500 S 1978
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond, Thank you for all your help with the purchase of my classic car. We had a lovely drive home and am very pleased with my purchase. Its running well and now at home in my shed and thank you for the bottle of wine. Very nice doing business with you."Kevin Keane, South Canterbury, New Zealand
The Triumph 2500S took pride of place as the top model in Triumph's range of six cylinder saloons.
Designed for the executive, who prefer their quality built in, smoothness and comfort were its hallmarks, with an extra touch of distinction and luxury befitting its position as flagship of the Triumph range.
The Triumph 2500S has the grace, the power, the space and sheer style to satisfy the most demanding of people. It also has the ability to comfortably transport five adults and their luggage, while fulfilling its role as an appropriately elegant executive car.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Power Steering
- 4 Speed Gearbox with Overdrive on 3rd and 4th.
- Fully independent suspension, servo assisted disk brakes.
- Factory Fitted Alloy Wheels
- Factory Upgraded Carpets
- Mint Condition Throughout – Immaculately Maintained – Hard to find better.
- This is one of the last Triumphs built at the Nelson assembly plant of the New Zealand Motor Corporation.
- Six long term owners from new – It came offline in November 1978 and was sold in Wellington in December 1978.
- It comes with all the features of the “S” model and still has the original paint identification sticker under the bonnet.
- Good “Medium Brown” paint – a true 70's colour in very nice original condition.
- Very straight body in excellent condition.
- Very well preserved original interior that provides the sort of comfort that cushions the occupants from outside stresses and relaxes them in seats trimmed in perforated vinyl leather cloth.
- This particular car was assembled from a series of CKD packs, which had been destined for Australian assembly but were “diverted” to New Zealand. At the time the demand in Australia had “tapered off” whilst in New Zealand there was still plenty of interest.
- Comes complete with “Passport To Service” book, Original Certificate Of Registration, Handbook, Parts Catalogue and maintenance Records.
These cars were hugely popular in New Zealand. In fact, New Zealand was the last country in the world to assemble them well after production in England had stopped. The replacement chosen by the New Zealand Motor Company in the New Zealand market at the time were the Leyland Princess and the ROver SD1 but neither achieved anything like the sales success of the Triumph.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.