Wind Back Time
Toyota BJ40 Land Cruiser 1984
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"The car is as you described beautiful and I am more than pleased with the purchase and I will not hesitate in recommending you and your fine selection of vehicles to friends and family. Once again I cannot thank you enough, you have helped me achieve a lifelong ambition."Les Claxton, Christchurch, New Zealand
By so many standards, the BJ40 Land Cruiser is the definitive 20th century 4x4. With an international pedigree like a Land Rover, the rugged simplicity of a Jeep and swagger like an old Bronco, the BJ is a greatest hits album of classic trucks. Fun to look at, sure, but driving one will take your appreciation to a whole new level.
This vehicle practically defines dependability. Since their inception in the 1950s Toyota's storied off-roaders have been proven in some of the harshest conditions imaginable and over the course of six decades the Land Cruiser name has become a benchmark for reliability.
ABOUT THIS CLASSIC
- Engine #:0624272 / Chassis 006119
- Being a Toyota maintenance is very easy.
- Good low end power for towing¦lovely truck and lots of fun too.
- Reliable Solid Construction
- Great for the Wilderness¦Superb off the road.. Excellent 4wd¦it will go everywhere!
- Fun for the whole family...!!!
- This is originlly a Canterbury Regional Council Vehicle (13 years) – sold brand new in Christchurch.
- A 7 owner vehicle from new – still on original black plates.
- Gearbox and Diff is perfect
- Engine completely pulled apart, checked and no work was required to engine.
- Body completely stripped out, all rust was removed and car was totally rebuilt – photographic evidence available.
- Upholstery redone – brand new
- Tires brand new
- All rubber brand new
- Hoodlining original
- A BJ 42 equipped with an agrarian 3,5 liters 4 cylinder diesel engine. Not a 4x4 for poseurs. Rugged and as solid as a mule.
- This FJ40 is an outstanding example in original color scheme, that captures the essence of what makes these trucks so desirable. Still fresh from its 3 year restoration, it is ready to serve as a loyal companion exploring trails on fishing excursions or simply for casual trips around town.
Condition wise, you will be hard pressed to find anything like this in New Zealand. Nowadays, according to Haggerty, a Concours condition 1969 BJ40 can fetch up to US$85,000 (NZD125K) and one just has to look at going prices overseas.
So PRICE IS FIRM, and we understand that it doesn't appeal to bargain hunters but to those looking for the best.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.