Wind Back Time
Sunbeam Alpine Series 1 1959
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The lithe and lovely Sunbeam Alpine may look too chic to be champ. But champ it is.
One of the best-kept secrets in British sports car motoring, the Sunbeam Alpine roadster was designed to compete with the MGA in the sports car market and appeal to US buyers, which meant a comfortable interior, sharp styling, wide swinging doors, extra leg room, bulletproof mechanicals and above-average weatherproofing.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Imported from Australia by us, this car has been subjected to a ground up restoration circa 4 years ago in Brisbane, as follows:
- Body and paint work – restoration photos available on request.
- Electrical work – new generator / new regulator / new starter motor / new solenoid / new ignition / new electrics in dashboard / all safety systems i.e.: brake lights, indicators, headlights, ignition lights etc.
- Mechanical – Fully reconditioned engine by HM GEM Engines in Brisbane / all new hoses / new clutch / new slave and master cylinders / hand brake and brake cylinder restoration / Exhaust manifold overhauled / new fuel tank gasket / cooling system overhauled, new hoses throughout, reconditioned expansion tank, new radiator cap / Fuel pump replaced / Carburetor fully reconditioned / rear shocks replaced / Heating – new transponder fitted / new distributor, points, condenser, rotor, tune up / new fanbelt.
- First full service after running in motor at 848kms (June 2015), followed by a full service every 6 months, currently 5 services, last service completed July 2017.
- Comes with new Tonneau cover and Factory Owners Handbook
- A brilliant rally-proved engine, for speeds up to 100mph. Goes extremely well.
- All synchromesh transmission
- Only done 4727miles since restoration.
A sports car developed for safe, relaxed driving on the road. The Sunbeam Alpine was arguably Sunbeam's greatest achievement – a classic car that gives you sporting performance with touring luxury.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.