1936 Studebaker Dictator
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Dear Jesmond & Gloria, A very big unexpected surprise on a perfect Wednesday afternoon 22nd May, our lovely Triumph arrived at the front door. She travelled very well and arrived with no damage, just a couple of rub marks which polished out. We were very pleased and excited to meet her, as you can imagine she got a thorough looking over and out for a short drive. We have booked her into our mechanic this coming Monday for a full mechanical service before we take her out on the open road, this is a good way to get to know her and to understand what her future needs will be. Thank you so much for your card, bottle of wine and Classic Driver magazine, the seat belts are still in the box and will probably stay there. You have been a lovely couple to deal with, everything and more has progressed as you said it would, our very best wishes for your future success."Gary & Joyce Parker, Hastings, New Zealand
The Studebaker Dictator was an automobile produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana (United States) from 1927-1937. Model year 1928 was the first full year of Dictator production.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This Dictator has had every part inspected, and anything that needed to be replaced was replaced, when a no expense spared restoration took place circa 10 years ago at circa 14332 miles. Its only traveled circa 1600 miles since.
- The body was stripped of old paint. All rust was replaced with new metal and restoration photos are available.
- While this was being done, the engine, a 218ci inline Flathead 6-cylinder, was overhauled along with any part that had wear. Everything in this car was either replaced or repaired.
- The frame was painted. The body has been massaged to new condition.
- Thousands of dollars were spent on this car arguably making it the finest Dictator in New Zealand.
- Manual transmission.
- Ground up restoration of a very rare classic.
- All factory books and records available.
- Original Certificate of Registration available.
- Previous owners owned for 46 years since 1973. It had three owners before that.
- Brand New Radiator just fitted.
- Car is Christchurch New sold by Adams Ltd of Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Restoration and maintenance records available.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered, if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry