1936 Studebaker Dictator
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond & Gloria, Confirming my email of earlier today the Jag arrived early this morning understandably extremely dirty after weathering the worst storm to hit the country so far this year while being freighted, but has washed up beautifully and we look forward to taking it for a spin or two - or three - over the next couple of days before the next storm hits the country. We have nothing but praise for the professional way in which you both dealt with us - right from when we turned up in ChCh to take a look at the Jag - storing it for a few weeks for us and arranging the freighting of it to Palmerston North. The whole process was totally flawless and after having purchased a vintage/classic car from you cannot imagine buying an older car any other way than through Waimak Classic Cars. It has been a real pleasure dealing with both of you and thanks very much for the bottle of Moscato Rose."Bryan & Catherine Abraham, Palmerston North
The Studebaker Dictator was an automobile produced by the Studebaker Corporation of South Bend, Indiana (United States) from 1927-1937. Model year 1928 was the first full year of Dictator production.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This Dictator has had every part inspected, and anything that needed to be replaced was replaced, when a no expense spared restoration took place circa 10 years ago at circa 14332 miles. Its only traveled circa 1600 miles since.
- The body was stripped of old paint. All rust was replaced with new metal and restoration photos are available.
- While this was being done, the engine, a 218ci inline Flathead 6-cylinder, was overhauled along with any part that had wear. Everything in this car was either replaced or repaired.
- The frame was painted. The body has been massaged to new condition.
- Thousands of dollars were spent on this car arguably making it the finest Dictator in New Zealand.
- Manual transmission.
- Ground up restoration of a very rare classic.
- All factory books and records available.
- Original Certificate of Registration available.
- Previous owners owned for 46 years since 1973. It had three owners before that.
- Brand New Radiator just fitted.
- Car is Christchurch New sold by Adams Ltd of Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Restoration and maintenance records available.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered, if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.