Wind Back Time
Pontiac Firebird 400 V8 1967
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Wow, what can I say! It has been an absolute pleasure dealing with you in the recent purchase of our classic car. You went over and above to ensure everything was 100% with the vehicle before taking possession, and we could not be happier with the car, so thankyou very much! The tour through your building was a highlight for my parents, reminiscing about the Jaguar days all those years ago. They will not forget the day and your hospitality. I dont think this will be our last purchase from WCC."Matt Withers, Rangiora, New Zealand
Released in 1967, the Pontiac Firebird was the most successful model built by the American automaker Pontiac in the golden age of muscle cars. Its introduction did not attract particular attention; however, later on it was to become one of the most sought after American sports cars. It was this model – the Firebird 400 that got an eager buyer's testosterone flowing, with its bigger V-8, dual exhaust, heavy-duty transmissions and suspension upgrades. ABOUT THIS CAR
- This is a Matching Numbers Car in MINT CONDITION throughout. An exceptional vehicle in every respect.
- Beautiful rust free body with excellent paint work
- Mint interior
- Great set of wheels.
- Like new manual soft top
- One can eat breakfast off the engine bay.
- 400 cid engine that chums out 325hp. The Firebird 400 is named after its 400 cubic inch displacement. The V-8 engine has a bore of 4.12 and the piston's stroke is 3.75 inches. The compression ratio is 10.75:1. This engine can produce 325 horsepower at 4,800 rpm and 410 foot-pounds of torque at 3,400 rpm.
- 4 speed manual, which is not only rare, but was extra cost at the time.
- Independent suspension, consisting of upper and lower control arms, smooth out the roads from the front end of the Firebird
- Rare with Factory Hood mounted Tach. One should note here that many cars of the area didn't even get tachometers in the factory, their manufacturers trusting their customers to just know when to shift. Tachs of the day were usually only offered on special sport trim levels, so their owners could impress their girlfriends best friends with their redline capabilities.
- Only 3658 Firebirds 400 were produced.
- Servicing and maintenance records available.
- Car was recently imported from Queensland Australia by us. It originally came from the State of Montana USA
This is one great muscle car. A joy ride with a note that sends shivers down your spine. Amazing torque and power. You can't not fall in love with this car. A great investment too. PRICE FIRM. Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.