1922 Morris Cowley Bullnose
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Dear Gloria and Jesmond, Thank you for a most enjoyable experience while purchasing the Velox. This model is very rare, my research shows there are only four 1950 cars at this time that are registered in the UK . What a great surprise when it was delivered on the transporter for it looked magnificent, my neighbour next door came running out to admire it together with the transporter driver. The shipping went without a hitch, as you recommended Natasha to handle the red tape at Southampton, she managed to establish historical ruling with HMRC which saved me a considerable amount of money in import taxes. We would recommend you to anybody looking to buy a vintage or indeed any car from yourselves, whether buying unseen as myself or otherwise. We have christened the car with your name Gloria, to remind us how lucky we are that we found your very professional website and your friendly advise. We look forward to meeting you both in Napier for the Art Deco Weekend Classic Car Raleigh during February. Best wishes Leslie and Alison."Leslie & Alison, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
These models, known as the Morris Cowley, are practically the same as the Morris Oxford but turned out in a modified form to cater for the purchaser who did not require the additional refinements and luxury.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Matching numbers – Chassis: 12238 / Engine 19313
- This car was sent to Australia new, but unbodied due to the regulations at the time, and the body was built there by a well known company Tarrent, and still has the plate inside each door.
- It was brought into New Zealand from Australia over 30 years ago. Around that time, the car was stripped down to be rebuilt. It took 18 months to rebuild it all to original specification with 1922 parts. Only the tyres, seat covers and the hood (which were rotted) are not original but the lovely bevelled edge oval glass window in the back was saved and reused. Battery is rewired with a fuse system to make it safe. The front windscreen is new as the old one was broken but is an exact replica with a safety mark which you need for a WOF.
- The four little side lights are reproduction and it would only have had two on the front and a tiny single light on the rear (still there).
- Not many cars of this vintage are this original as most get modified over the years as an improvement.
- Restoration photos available showing the extent of the restoration.
- A very Driveable vintage car that puts a huge smile on your face. Great for country roads, picnics, family fun etc.
- Easy to operate, Cheap to Run, this is a Rare car and a nice little investment.
Will be sold WOF’d and registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry