1978 MGB GT V8
The MGB GT is arguably one of Britain’s best-loved classics.
In 1975, the V8 received the rubber bumpers, despite the fact that the car was never exported to the US.
It was a tasty recipe; that and with being Britain’s best-loved classic car, you can certainly be safe in the knowledge that parts for these little gems are readily available without breaking the bank.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This MGB GT V8 is not an original V8 – so purists and perfectionists - please look away now. That said, if I may be entirely honest, pure it may not be but its an awful lot of fun.
- The original engine has been swapped out for a completely rebuilt 3.5l Rover V8 and a completely rebuilt five speed gearbox to go along with it. Rear suspension is from Paul Walbran and comes with a brand new Diff. Everything certified.
- How does it drive?...With this being modified to house a V8, it does mean that power to weight ratio in the car guarantees oodles of fun every time you take it out.
- The good thing about these little MGB’s is that they are surprisingly pleasant cars to drive. The handling is rather impressive with the car responding to steering input with ease and without throwing a temper-tantrum.
- With having a 3.5l V8 bolted to the engine bay, it’s no stranger to getting up to speed – the main feature being the immense amount of torque to play with and a genuinely incredible soundtrack. The one thing that surprises you about this car is just how thunderous the exhaust note is coming from such a small car.
- The car is pretty comfortable considering it’s just over 40 years old. I mean, you won’t be competing with any Rolls Royce or Bentley’s any time soon but it’s more than manageable – whether that be for the daily shop, or track day blast, the car feels planted and easily predictable.
- Bodywork is in very good condition. Paint is good with the odd blemish and some chips in the front spoiler, that one could expect to have on such car.
- Overall, this MGB GT V8 is an incredibly fun car. It would sit at home nicely in anyone’s garage who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Despite almost half a century on, this car is quick enough to hold its own against many moderns. A great classic car to drive - HEAPS OF FUN!
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry