1978 MGB GT V8
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Thanks so much for the prompt correspondence regarding the XJ6. At some point in the future I may have a car to sell and will make use of your services. I enjoyed meeting you on Tuesday, people like you with definite views and a good measure of enthusiasm are a tonic for all of us. Best wishes for 2012, may the wind be at your back."Warwick Naish, Christchurch, New Zealand
The MGB GT is arguably one of Britain’s best-loved classics.
In 1975, the V8 received the rubber bumpers, despite the fact that the car was never exported to the US.
It was a tasty recipe; that and with being Britain’s best-loved classic car, you can certainly be safe in the knowledge that parts for these little gems are readily available without breaking the bank.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This MGB GT V8 is not an original V8 – so purists and perfectionists - please look away now. That said, if I may be entirely honest, pure it may not be but its an awful lot of fun.
- The original engine has been swapped out for a completely rebuilt 3.5l Rover V8 and a completely rebuilt five speed gearbox to go along with it. Rear suspension is from Paul Walbran and comes with a brand new Diff. Everything certified.
- How does it drive?...With this being modified to house a V8, it does mean that power to weight ratio in the car guarantees oodles of fun every time you take it out.
- The good thing about these little MGB’s is that they are surprisingly pleasant cars to drive. The handling is rather impressive with the car responding to steering input with ease and without throwing a temper-tantrum.
- With having a 3.5l V8 bolted to the engine bay, it’s no stranger to getting up to speed – the main feature being the immense amount of torque to play with and a genuinely incredible soundtrack. The one thing that surprises you about this car is just how thunderous the exhaust note is coming from such a small car.
- The car is pretty comfortable considering it’s just over 40 years old. I mean, you won’t be competing with any Rolls Royce or Bentley’s any time soon but it’s more than manageable – whether that be for the daily shop, or track day blast, the car feels planted and easily predictable.
- Bodywork is in very good condition. Paint is good with the odd blemish and some chips in the front spoiler, that one could expect to have on such car.
- Overall, this MGB GT V8 is an incredibly fun car. It would sit at home nicely in anyone’s garage who doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
Despite almost half a century on, this car is quick enough to hold its own against many moderns. A great classic car to drive - HEAPS OF FUN!
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.