Wind Back Time
MG J2 1932
Call Us On
Share With Friends
""Living in Australia we first contacted Jesmond seeking to buy a veteren vehicle and we were impressed with the clarity and detail of his site. A vehicle we were interested had been sold and as a result of our enquiry regular updates of new vehicles were sent to our address. It was from this list we inspected and purchased a vehicle recently and were impressed with the service offered by Jesmond during the sale process""Noel Rogers, North Canterbury, New Zealand
The MG J-type was produced by the MG Car Company from 1932 to 1934. This 2-door sports car used an updated version of the overhead camshaft, crossflow engine used in the 1928 Morris Minor and Wolseley 10 and previously fitted in the MG M Type Midget of 1929 to 1932, driving the rear wheels through a four-speed non- synchromesh gearbox. The chassis was from the D-Type with suspension by half-elliptic springs and Hartford friction shock absorbers all round with rigid front and rear axles. The car had a wheelbase of 86 inches and a track of 42 inches.
The J2, a road-going two-seater, was the commonest car in the range. Early models had cycle wings, which were replaced in 1933 by the full-length type typical of all sports MGs until the 1950s TF. The top speed of a standard car was 65 mph.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car is Number J2571 (Chassis)
- This car is fitted with / includes
- a low pressure alarm in the form of a buzzer. The buzzer sounds immediately the ignition is switched on and will continue until the car is started and satisfactory level of oil pressure is generated.
- An auxiliary rev counter fitted below the dashboard on the right hand side. This folds up underneath the dashboard
- An electric radiator fan. The switch is located to the right of the indicator switch.
- An isolator switch which is located behind the left hand seat.
- A selection of electric spares – bulbs fuses and other bits and pieces including a spare ignition key
- Original Certificate Of Registration Available
- Original Instruction Manual / Factory Summary & Brochures Available
- Safety Fast Magazines featuring car past rallying activity
- Custom Built Trailer comes with car.
- Soft top and side curtains all in Mint (new) condition.
- This car is registered with Triple M register and No248. The Triple M Badge is on the front. This is a low number which means that this car has been on the Register for more than 45 years.
- This car complies with Schedule K COD Classification: K/1873/32/B – Motorsport NZ
- History is available from BRAND NEW that is FROM 1932.
- This car was chosen by the MG Car Club to represent its type at the Ellerslie Intermarque Concours February 2008
- This car was delivered to its first owner on 25 November 1932 and is understood to have arrived in New Zealand from England in 1956. Since then, the car had three more owners, one of whom was responsible for completing its restoration to its current immaculate condition.
- Whilst owned by this gentleman, the car was shipped back to England where it was used for an extensive tour round the UK.
- This J2 is ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE. There's nothing to fault here. No other car has had such a meteoric rise to popularity. From modest beginnings, built to an ideal by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, this car proudly boasts of a list of successes in the competition, racing and record breaking fields that was never equalled before in the history of motoring.
- The J2 was the car that set a new standard amongst the sporting cars of the world of the time. The design, from the smallest detail upwards, was based on the data from searching tests conclusively proved out on the racing and record breaking MG Midgets, which won all three of the 1931 classic races, and which held the bulk of the International records for the class at the time
- The car itself is a joy to handle, the “feel that of a racing model, the performance too, was genuinely 10 miles an hour faster than the models before it, and yet without sacrificing that docility and tractability that has always been an MG feature.
The J2 is not a fancy toy but a man's car. Just as its predecessors, the J2 has worthily carried on its tradition, giving overwhelming proof of its superiority in all the stiffest trials and most grueling races. It was designed for the job as they say. As a competition car it is ideal. As a really fast touring mount, a sheer delight.
Lavishly equipped upholstery in real leather, with a coachwork finished above criticism, this trim little road craft will appeal, instantaneously, to every true motor lover or serious collector.
Do not miss out on such a historic, collectable item.
SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles.
Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find.
Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle's odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed.
Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase.
We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle's condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 3106485 / +64 (0) 274 990020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.