Wind Back Time
MG B Roadster 1970
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"To Whom It May Concern...I am a naive seller, who didn't know where to start marketing and preparing my vehicle for sale. The team at Waimak Classic Cars have done an amazing job by sorting everything for me from A to Z. They advised, groomed, repaired, collected, advertised and sold my vehicle for just under it's registered valuation. I am so very grateful for their assistance. I would certainly recommend them to any prospective seller. May others also benefit by entrusting their vehicles into the hands of the professional team at Waimak. Good job. Great result. An Effortless Successful Sale! Thank you."Melva, Christchurch, New Zealand
The B was an epochal car for MG. During its 18-year production run, it became the world's best-selling sports car, and went on to define the concept of the open-topped British sports car for enthusiasts across the world. And since it went out of production in 1980 (by which time, it was already a classic), an entire support industry has grown up around it.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Matching numbers car.
- Plenty of power on tap, thanks to its 1.8-litre B-series engine.
- Comes with four-speed (synchromesh on all forward ratios) gearbox (no overdrive) rack-and-pinion steering, independent front suspension, and disc brakes
- Tidy handling and excellent performance
- Straight, rust free body with excellent paintwork
- Mechanically sound
- Very good motor – brilliant performer
- Electronic ignition
- Fastidiously maintained, well serviced vehicle
- Restored in 2014 – photos and records available – work included replacement of pedal rubbers, heater controls, wiper blades, gear knob, grill badge and door handles. Also had new carpets and underlay fitted, dashboard stripped down and repainted, engine to bonnet rubber diaphragm replaced. Seat frames stripped down, car was repainted in original colour, had all moving parts restored. All hoses replaced. had new gearbox sump gasket, new rocker cover gasket, new driveshaft seal, new rubber bonnett buffers, had all door cards replaced. Chrome door cappings replaced, new battery, new tyres, wire wheels.
- More recent servicing and maintenance records also available. Amongst other things, work includes fitted electronic ignition, checked clutch condition, cleaned transmission and carburettors (fitted new metering needles, set jets etc); replace all exhaust intake studs and fit new carbon gaskets, starter motor and cooling fan, radiator repair. Replaced all frost cups, Replaced both block sides cover gaskets. Fit new rear main seal and refit rear engine plate with new gaskets. Suspension work. Good compressions last checked in 2016 at 36835 miles, as follows: 1. 160 / 2. 155 / 3. 157 / 4. 162. has only traveled 255 miles since.
An exceptional classic in great condition.
Car Drives Beautifully and will be sold warranted and registered if sold in New Zealand.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.