Wind Back Time
Mercedes-Benz 560 SL 1988
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"We are delighted to tell you that our MG has arrived safely in Auckland on schedule. We are thrilled as the car far exceeds our expectations and it looks stunning. Dealing with Jesmond has been easy and straight forward. Your media, the detailing of the car and your communication has been to a very high standard. We felt from the start we could place our trust in you and that you would deliver. This was done to our complete satisfaction and we are happy for you to tell others of our experience. It has been a pleasure dealing with you and we look forward to meeting you sometime as we feel we have got to know you so well. Best wishes for the future."Jane & Peter, Warkworth, Auckland
The legendary 560SL earned its unique niche in the motoring world by blending two rich automotive themes: the lure of a lithe and eager top down sporting machine and the reassurance of a strong, secure, supremely livable Mercedes Benz.
Related to the 300SL, the famous Gullwing racer, which in its day was the fastest production car ever, the 560SL goes a step further. It is a more mature and sophisticated automobile.
First introduced in 1971 the 107-series became one of Mercedes-Benz's most successful and enduring models with a production life of almost two decades and approximately 300000 examples sold. Although upgraded mechanically and given larger engines over the years the well-proportioned styling remained largely unchanged as right from the start it was and is timeless and elegant.
The 560 SL comes with a unique style that can't be found in new cars. It came out with the biggest engine available - a grunty V8, that delivered 0-60 miles in 7sec with a top speed of about 130mph.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Extremely rare to find in New Zealand, especially in this condition
- It is classy and a great cruising car since its big, comfortable and stylish.
- Its exterior styling screams luxury with its wide body and enormous hood.
- Incredibly comfortable interior, which like the rest of the car is in outstanding condition.
- The soft convertible top too is in excellent condition.
- A truly beautiful and remarkably well-kept example.
- It has had only three owners in New Zealand
- This car was sold brand new in LA and lived on the West Coast prior to it coming to New Zealand so NO RUST whatsoever.
- Finished in Anthracite, it has a grey leather interior, power windows, power steering and power brakes.
- It comes complete with books and manuals including the owner's manual and comes with a spare key and Mercedes Benz cover
- Although it is almost three decades old, this 560 SL presents like a car that is just two years old and barely broken-in.
- A strong, straight, complete and honest car, that has enjoyed the ownership of just three caring individuals, who clearly attended to its every need.
- It is the perfect running and driving example to keep on enjoying in the comfort and style that the R107 is famous for.
So there you have it – the 1988 Mercedes 560SL – tremendous luxury and elegance in every way.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.