Wind Back Time
Mercedes Benz 350 SL V8 1973
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Having bought this car site unseen, it was exactly to the standard described. Jesmond even went as far to see to all any repairs it required prior to me collecting it. He never cut corners. I can only say that it was a very good experience dealing with Jesmond. Very honest and reliable people whom I would recommend to others."Brian Robinson, Palmerston North - New Zealand
A Mercedes Benz is engineered like no other car in the world.
The Mercedes-Benz SL is a grand tourer manufactured by Mercedes-Benz since 1954. The designation SL derives from the German Sport Leicht, or Sport Lightweight and was first applied to the 300SL.
About the only thing as valuable today's Mercedes Benz is yesterday's Mercedes Benz, when its philosophy was to preclude annual styling changes and the mass production of inexpensive cars. As a result, yesterday's models become more sought after and expensive as they get older.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car is Engine #: 116982 22011861 / Chassis #: 10704322009745.
- It was subjected to a correct, concours ground up restoration in 1992, as follows:
- Speedo at the time of restoration was 82060miles.
- Mechanicals were removed and body shell stripped of all parts
- Body shell, doors and front guard were sent to Kraftwork for polyester bead blasting to remove paint.
- Body shell was mounted on body frame and underside coated with original Wurth undercoat Body and shell treated with Wurth Holleruimite Wax
- Engine was rebuilt using O.E. Parts. Crankshaft standard. Cylinder heads rebuilt by Lee Windsor. Parts were polished, pacifated or painted.
- Fuel Injection was overhauled by DSL.
- Automatic transmission overhauled by Auto Trans Auckland.
- Rear Axle and Driveshaft checked and parts replaced where necessary.
- Brakes: Axels, new discs, pads, caliper seals overhauled.
- Suspension: stripped, blasted, powder coated - bushes and ball joints replaced.
- Body: Trims replaced with new and when not available, re-onodised.
- Headlamps and tail lamps replaced.
- Bumpers, grills etc rechromed.
- Glass: new screen and side glasses.
- Interior: dashboard striped and rebuilt. Instruments checked and overhauled where necessary. Speedometer zeroed.
- Seats re-trimmed with original equipment Leather Bamboo 267 including the fitting of original optional jump seat and new side door panels fitted.
- Seat belts on all seats including rear seat.
- Carpets German Velour Light Palomino 57.
- Convertible Soft Top Original German Sonnerdeck tan / Tan 224. Hardtop - Repainted - original interior.
- Alloy Wheels - Correct Original Type / year - New Michelin x tyres fitted.
- Car was finally assembled and tested in Feb 1994.
- Photographic records available. Hard to come across one of these restored to such detail, simply because the cost of a concours restoration greatly outweighs what these cars sell for. This car's restoration would have cost a fortune in 1992. One would need in excess of NZD100K to restore this car to such condition today.
- Comes with Personalised number plates, Original Becker Europa stereo.
This is a driver's car where form follows function; where performance and safety work hand in hand. The colour scheme is amazingly beautiful.
No small wonder that these older Mercedes keep increasing in value. They boast a unique legacy and represented in their time state of the art automotive technology. It will be interesting to see what these cars will be worth in 5 to 10 years time.
Car will be sold Warranted and Registered.
WORLDWIDE SHIPPING / LOCAL TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.