Wind Back Time
McGregor Lotus 7 (Replica) 2010
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Jesmond and Gloria have done a fantastic job for us in finding a new home for our classic Jaguar (which originally came into our family from Waimak Classics ten years ago). We enjoyed the open and friendly personalised approach and the professional and responsive service. Its clear the Waimak classics team are genuine in their care for customers and their cars, and we would thoroughly recommend them."Garry & Emma Bell, Invercargill, New Zealand
The Lotus Road car legend was born with the Lotus 7 conceived as a no frills, no cost simple sports car that delivered staggering performance.
McGregor Motorsport is the home of the stunning Lotus 7 replica building modular kit series cars that will meet needs from a daily driver to a serious track car.
When Colin Chapman designed the first Lotus 7 fifty years ago it was an absolute sensation, if you were 175cm tall, weighed 68Kg and had small feet.
This kit car comes with a wider pedal box that meets all body types and sizes plus of course the wind-in-the-hair motoring in classic style.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car began life as a 2004 McGregor starter kit.
- It was purchased by Rangiora High School to give their senior Automotive students a real world application to demonstrate their automotive skills and understanding.
- The kit included the space frame chassis, fiberglass mudguards and nose cone, fiberglass seats, roll bar, headlamp shells, front suspension, windscreen frame, spare wheel cradle, dashboard/bulkhead frame, and accelerator, clutch and brake pedals.
- All the running gear, brakes, differential, carburetor were sourced through Avon City Ford, with whom Rangiora High School has a professional relationship. Many items were purchased new- wheels and tyres, gauges, carpeting, wipers and steering wheel.
- The engine and gearbox is from a Ford Escort 1600GT.
- The engine was fully reconditioned by Mace Engineering at no cost to the school, and they also shortened the driveshaft. Students stripped the gearbox and replaced any necessary parts.
- Front disc brakes are from a Cortina GT, the Weber twin-choke carburetor from a Sierra, rear drums and differential from a Ford Escort.
- The bodywork is aluminum.
- Students were involved in cutting and riveting it to the spaceframe chassis.
- Students also fitted the wiring loom and all electrical work, under the supervision of our trained staff and Avon City Ford.
- Upholstery and the tonneau cover were completed by a professional. The school has been very fortunate in receiving many offers of discounted or free items and services.
- The car was painted by Avon City Ford in Falcon red, in 2007.
- All final bits and pieces were completed in 2009, and the car was first registered in 2010. Since then, the car has been stored undercover and started on a regular basis.
- The odometer is a true reflection on the mileage covered since build completion.
- The lucky owner will be gaining a practically new McGregor 7, that still needs to be run in.
- This is a 2004 model completed in 2009 and first registered in 2010
Proceeds from this sale will go to Rangiora High School.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.