1986 Lincoln Continental Givenchy
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond & Gloria, The car arrived yesterday. I am very impressed! - She's lovely. She must have been well packed as there is no damage at all, and nothing has gone missing. The guy who dropped the car off on a transporter was really impressed too, I think he wanted it for himself. Jesmond, your description of the car was spot-on, the Velox is just what I had hoped for.In the UK these cars are hard to find, and one this good is a real rarity. I am very pleased, and look forward to many happy years of ownership."Richard Crossley, Thamesport, United Kingdom
This State of the art 1986 Continental was a Contemporary Classic, courtesy of fashion designer Givenchy. The Continental was infused with haute couture from the French house of Givenchy. The Continental Givenchy was the halo level for the model debuted in 1982, with 1986 the seventh year designer Hubert de Givenchy lent his name to the car. When originally offered, every available option was included free of extra charge on these special Continentals with a set of features that set them apart as Givenchys.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This 1986 Lincoln Continental Givenchy designer series is the top of the range of this model.
- The body and chassis were built on the Ford Fox platform shared by Ford Thunderbird and Mercury Cougar.
- Although smaller in size, it still has all the luxury, comfort and options of its largest predecessors.
- Comes with a 5ltr (302c.i), fuel injected Windsor V8 – plenty of power and is basically the Australian 5ltr V8 Falcon engine.
- This car was sold in America for over USD26500.00 when new.
- It is a straight, solid, original, rust free California car and has traveled only 52000miles from new.
- Some of the luxury features and options include: Power Steering, Power four wheel disk brakes, Power windows, Power lock door, 8 way power seats, Factory air conditioning, Factory Power moon roof, Rare optional Power Power quarter glass window, Dual remote morrors, Back seat reading lights, Cruise Control, Tinted Glass, Digital Speedometer with push button conversion from miles to kilometers, Digital Fuel Gauge with miles to empty, Factory spoke wheels and much more.
- It has excellent original unmarked perforated leather interior accented with wood grain panels on the dash and door panels.
- Plenty of storage areas including glove box, center dash, the back of the front seat base.
- The exterior paint and chrome is in good condition with minor touch ups in its life of 30 years.
- Quiet and smooth ride – one of the nicest luxury sedans I've ever driven.
- Freshly imported from Australia by us – it is Vinned and registered in New Zealand.
- Recent maintenance work include Aircon system flushed, new accumulator, dryer and regased. Brake system flushed, bled and new brake fluid. Front Rotors machined. Fuel tank flushed, cleaned and refitted with new fuel pump & filter. New spark plugs. Fitted 4 brand new tyres.
- One can tell that this car has been very well maintained.
The benefit of driving this Lincoln is really like that of driving a modern car. You just get in and set the cruise control and get to your destination relaxed. It's an absolute pleasure to drive. For those who have never driven one of these cars, they ARE every bit as opulent, elegant and smooth as they look. They are and remain unbelievably comfortable and relaxing. Nothing drives or handles like these cars do/did. This collectors car is in beautiful original condition. Its a classic that can be enjoyed and preserved at the same time. That's the fun of owning a classic car. I think it's probably one of those cars that's undervalued and underappreciated by a lot of owners because the Eighties had such a bad reputation for quality. With this car, there is no lack of quality at all. It's really a finely built car.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.