1990 Leitch Super Sprint
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Dear Jesmond, Just a note of thanks for the professional process you adopted in the recent swift sale of my classic vehicle. Every thing about your marketing strategy was first rate, as was your pictorial and video presentation which was second to none. Look forward to catching up with you in the future."Rodney Laredo, Christchurch, New Zealand
New Zealand had a long history of small garages and vehicle enthusiasts modifying and creating sports and sports racing cars.
Out of these interests grew the New Zealand kit and replica car industry with the introduction of fibre-glass car bodies in the 1950s. The Leitch Motorsport and Restoration Ltd of Invercargill make a Lotus Seven replica called the Super Sprint.
Barry Leitch started building Super Sprints in 1986 and regularly raced them competitively in local classic and sports car racing.
Super Sprints were originally available as either a kit, partially built, or fully road registered, all with several specification levels.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Chassis, frame and panels – Ex- Leitch Industries
- Front Suspenion Arms – Ex-Leitch Industries
- Rear suspension trailing arms and pan hard rod – Ex Leitch Industries
- Front suspension uprights – Triumph Herald drum brake
- Front Hubs – Ford Cortina MK5
- Rear Axle Assembly – Ford Escort MK2 4.1 Ratio
- Rear Brakes – Standard Ford Escort
- Front Brakes – Standard Ford Cortina MK5
- Steering Rack – Triumph Herald
- Wheels – 14” Performance Superlights
- Engine – Toyota 4AGE 20 valve – Ex Toyota AE101 Series Levin (160HP)
- Link Engine Management System – Supplied by Link Electrosystems Ltd Christchurch
- Distributor is STANDARD Toyota 4AGE20 Valve due to Link computer upgrade
- Engine Radiator = Ford Cortina MK3 (recored)
- Gearbox – Toyota T50 – Ex AE86 Rear Wheel Drive
- Clutch – Standard Toyota 4AGE 20 Valve type
- Electrical Instruments – Pricol Brand – Supplied by Dominion Electrical Invercargill
- Exhaust Extractors – Custom Built by Leitch Industries
- Fuel Pump (Mounted in Boot floor) – Universal EFI Type – supplied by APPCO Auto Parts
- Headlight Inserts – Hella Brand with built in Park Lamp – Supplied by Southland Motor Group, Invercargill
- Front Flasher Lamps – Repeater Lamps mounted on guards – Universal Type – Supplied by Repco Auto Parts
- Wiper Rack – Triumph 2000 (Shortened) with Land Rover wiper arms
- Heater – Mazda BD or Ford Laser MK2
- Brake Master Cylinder – Universal Type – Supplied by Repco Auto Parts
- Clutch Master Cylinder – Universal Type – Supplied by Repco Auto Parts
- Ignition Switch – Ford Laser MK2
- Pedal Box & Pedals – Ex Ford 100E Prefect
- Drive Shaft – Custom Made by Turntru Machining Invercargill
- Tail lamps – Britax Brand – Supplied by Leitch Industries
- Upholstery – Howard Anderson Upholstery Invercargill
- Windscreen – Frame Supplied by Leitch Industries – Glass is standard flat safety glass, Laminated
- Engine Oil – Shell 5W-4- Full Synthetic
- Oil Filter – Repco RZ191A
- Shock Absorbers – Spax Adjustable – Supplied by Leitch Industries
- Comes with soft top, tools, jack etc. Soft top like new.
These cars are track proven, this one only used on road. A great car and a fun drive. Its in very good overall condition. Great car to go for a blast in, whether on your own, with your partner or with a friend. Its also a great way for Dad's to spend time with their kids. Heaps of fun to drive in our beautiful country, in any season – a thrill going through those corners, through those mountains and for those who love competition – on the race track.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
FINANCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST!
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.