Wind Back Time
Lancia Delta HF 4WD Turbo 1987
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The Delta HF Turbo became the top car of the Delta range.
This is the car that took the rough, the smooth and the Audi Quattro and ruled the earth devouring all in its path.
From 1987 to 1992, the Delta consecutively won the Group A manufacturers championship, a record which holds to this day. With these results, Lancia have made the Delta one of the most successful rally cars ever built - a legendary car of our time.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car has a four-wheel drive system with an in-built torque-splitting action. Three differentials are used. Drive to the front wheels is linked through a free-floating differential; drive to the rear wheels is transmitted via a 56/44 front/rear torque-splitting Ferguson viscous-coupling-controlled epicyclic central differential. At the rear wheels is a Torsen (torque sensing) rear differential. It divides the torque between the wheels according to the available grip, with a maximum lockup of 70%.
- The basic suspension layout of the Delta 4WD is a MacPherson strut-type independent suspension with dual-rate dampers and helicoidal springs, with the struts and springs set slightly off-centre. The suspension mounting provided more isolation by incorporating flexible rubber links. Progressive rebound bumpers were adopted, while the damper rates, front and rear toe-in and the relative angle between springs and dampers have all been altered. The steering was power-assisted rack and pinion.
- RARE IN RIGHT HAND DRIVE – car was first registered in New Zealand in 1987 – it was a tourist delivery and was first registered in the UK also in 1987.
- Two long term owners.
- In Excellent Condition throughout.
- Designed by Giugiaro with a front positioned engine powering all four wheels.
- Its 2 litre, engine is a turbocharged, double overhead camshaft, 8 valve, 4 cylinder that produces 165 bhp of power at 5500 rpm, and maximum torque of 285 NÂ·m at 2750 rpm.
- The engine delivers its power through to the wheels by means of a 5 speed manual transmission
- Maximum stated speed is 209 km/h (130 mph)
Many great road-cars have been created for homologation requirements and the Lancia Delta is one such car.
At this price, this is one great classic car to own. It is truly a one good solid investment, especially when considering that some of the later Integrale Evo 2's are nowadays fetching in excess of GBP50K.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.