1958 Jaguar XK150
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"With over 20 years in the motor trade, I suppose my expectations were higher than most. But happy to say Jesmond and Gloria didn't disappoint. To be honest they exceeded my expectation! I had previously seen vehicles for sale on their website, but like most "experts" in the trade thought I could get cheaper. However its a case of 'you get what you pay for.' And for the peace of mind of dealing with genuine honest people, and getting a car that really is as good as its described - you cant go past Waimak. A thank you gift and free drop off to the airport were great touches. And while this was my first experience, I'm sure it wont be my last. Will definitely be in touch for my next classic."Andre Rabbitte, Auckland, New Zealand
E-type not exclusive enough?
Then why not consider the XK150?
With only its successor the E-Type to challenge it, the Jaguar XK150 can lay claim to the title of the greatest post-war production sports car in the world. In their time, they were absolutely without parallel. They have incredible style, a terrific heritage and superb performance – even by today's standards. These fine examples of British engineering are also practical too, which is paramount for any old car that's going to see regular use.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- NZ New – First registered in NZ on the 1st of January 1958
- Car was Re Registered in 2006. From the information available, it looks like this car has had only one owner for 53 years in Napier, New Zealand, before that.
- We understand that this car was restored by the original owner's family in 2006, before it was sold to the second owner in 2010. It looks like all wooden frames were replaced, that the car had a body off repaint, had a full leather interior fitted, carpets, hood lining etc and also had the engine reconditioned at the time.
- The mileage reading on the odometer today is what the car has traveled since engine reconditioning in 2006.
- Recent work include mew mats, a power steering was fitted, which makes life so much easier. A new radiator was also fitted.
- Comes with a Jaguar full synchro gearbox and triple carburetors.
- Servicing and maintenance records available with car
- Immaculate body and paint, chrome work and interior.
- Wire wheels on good Bridgestone tires with plenty of thread.
- A really fast, luxurious appointed Coventry built coupe in Immaculate Condition Throughout
- A pleasure to drive behind the famous twin o.h.c. six-cylinder engine, which has won so many sports-car races for Jaguar.
- The Jaguar XK150 coupe is a very acceptable fast car, carrying on a great tradition with dignity and enhanced very real high performance. This not only in respect of a maximum speed exceeding 125 m.p.h. but because road holding, steering and braking are all in keeping.
- A truly awesome piece of engineering and a great investment classic car with values roaring ahead.
The XK150 is the last of the legendary range of XK sports cars, the 150 remained true to the formula on which Jaguar built a dynasty. This is a classic car with character, that is more comfortable than the XK's before it. A solid investment car, seemingly content to fulfill the role of a grand tourer. If long distance cruising with a generous dash of panache is your requirement, you won't go wrong with this iconic XK150.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry