1986 Jaguar XJ6 Series 3 Sovereign
Call Us On
Share With Friends
When introduced in 1979, the Jaguar XJ6 Series III was not immediately to everyone's liking.
Despite an expensive redesign with its Pininfarina styled roof, and refreshed cabin, some Big Cat enthusiasts felt that it was taking liberties with the classic looks of one of their favourites.
In fact, the Series III set out to rectify some of the deficiencies of the Series II, and was better equipped for everyday use, but you had to try one to find that out. In addition to new body panels, the new model had an increased amount of glass, and a much-needed additional 3 inch of headroom in the back - great if you're being chauffered!
External differences included flush door handles, vertical grille bars, revised 'Gothic' rear lamp clusters, and impact bumpers with decorative chrome along their top edges.
After early doubts were allayed, the Series III established itself as one of the best Jaguars of all time, with the injected 4.2-litre coming out as the pick of the crop. In its review of June 1980, Car and Driver magazine described the Series III as being as 'slick as the inside of Faye Dunaway's dressing gown' - and one can't be fairer than that!
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Mint Condition throughout.
- Matching Numbers Car.
- Beautiful straight, rust free body with immaculate mostly original paintwork
- Runs like a dream – so smooth to drive. Six-cylinder engines are tough and can rack up six-figure mileages easily with good maintenance.
- That 'gentleman's club' feel of the cab interior is wonderful and the leather seats and door trim have been well looked after. The cost of making a car like this look right can easily exceed that of mechanical considerations.
- Placed second at the 2017 Jaguar Concours at Invercargill, NZ in 2017.
- This would have to be one of the nicest examples in New Zealand.
- A pleasure to drive. Firm & Tight, no rattles or noises of any sort.
- Good quality newish tires and battery.
- All electrics work as they should including sunroof and cruise control.
- Receipts for a 1997 engine and gearbox rebuild at 97kms. No major work was needed to be done since. Very good oil pressure.
- Maintenance records available - otherwise services have been regular including auto etc.
- Jack, tools, spare wheel with car
Jaguar luxury has been a legend for generations and the Series 3 advances that beautiful reality. Dollar for dollar, this is still one of the best luxury cars Jaguar ever built.
Come and inspect this beautiful classic.
You will quickly learn why the Series 3 is the best value in Jaguar history.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
Transport / Shipping can be organised for Buyer's behalf at Buyer's cost.
Viewing is By Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.