Wind Back Time
Jaguar XJ6 Series 3 1985
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The Series III established itself as one of the best Jaguars of all. In fact, in its review of June 1980, Car and Driver magazine described the Series III as being as 'slick as the inside of Faye Dunaway's dressing gown' - and you can't be fairer than that!
For many people this svelte classic was the last "real" Jaguar and, since its demise in 1993, the company has struggled to produce anything that looks quite as good without descending into the realms of pastiche. Yes, the Series 3 continues to define what many people think of as a Jaguar, with that slim, airy roofline and beautiful curves around the headlights that, in steel, only intensive hand-finishing can produce.
It may even have crossed your mind, when one of the dwindling number of surviving cars drifts past, that it might be nice to own a Series 3 XJ before they become expensive to own unattainable.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car underwent, arguably, the most expensive Series 3 restoration in New Zealand. It was restored by the Surgery and over $140K was spent on its restoration. Every cent, every part is recorded and a comprehensive full restoration history is available, and comes with the car. This includes invoices and a detailed breakdown of everything that's been done on the car. In our 15+ years of trading, we have never come across such a detailed restoration on one of these.
- Interior – That 'gentleman's club' feel of the cab interior is wonderful and in pretty much perfect condition, save some light hairline cracks in the wood, in the centre console, which is pretty common on these cars.
- Engine – These Six-cylinder engines are tough and can rack up six-figure mileages easily with good maintenance. This car has excellent oil pressure and compressions and car runs and drives like a dream.
- The Body is Rust free and laser straight. Paint is beautiful.
- Comes with Electric Sunroof
- Imported from the UK, this car was first registered in New Zealand on the 4th of June 2019
A great wee investment and a stunning car to drive.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered.
SHIPPING / LOCAL TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY APPOINTMENT ONLY!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.