Wind Back Time
Jaguar XJ-S Series 2 1986
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The Jaguar XJ-S is a luxury grand tourer manufactured from 1975 to 1996.
The styling was by Jaguar's pioneering aerodynamicist Malcolm Sayer – one of the first designers to apply advanced aero principles to cars. Sayer died just before the XJ-S body styling was frozen for production.
After a difficult start, the Jaguar XJ-S eventually became a true classic in the canon of British grand-tourers¦and this is one of Browns Lane's finest.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This one ticks all the boxes, as follows:
- NZ New
- Two Owners
- Rare in Manual transmission – in 1983, the new 3.6-litre six-cylinder-engined cars were only available with a five-speed manual transmission (Getrag 265).
- 3.6 ltr Straight 6, so easy to live with. These 3.6-litre AJ6 six-cylinder engines arrived in 1983, before the model received a facelift in 1991.
- Factory unrestored condition – STUNNING CONDITION for age
- Low Mileage
- Drives Superbly – feels pretty much like new.
- Complete with operating manuals etc
- Inside, the car is surprisingly cosy, yet still provides enough room for the driver and front passenger to sit comfortably. With an attentive suspension setup, it's no surprise that the XJ-S ride is as smooth as your favourite easy chair too.
- The performance is equally refined. Jabbing on the accelerator off the line has the XJ-S easing gracefully away, with plenty of poise but very little fever – it feels heavy because it is heavy. Once up and rolling however, the hefty engines exhibit a satisfying depth of power. All six cylinders reach 60mph in about 8.5 seconds, going on to reach 140mph.
- As a tool for travelling long distances in comfort, the XJ-S has few peers. Used in the manner to which it is accustomed, an XJ-S offers an excellent balance of conduct, be it pootling around town or cruising on the motorway.
- The XJ-S replaced the legendary E-type in Jaguar's range. As well as being great to drive, it introduced new standards of passenger safety, with impact-absorbing bumpers on special struts, side-impact barriers built into the doors and a fuel tank mounted directly behind the rear seats to protect it from rear damage.
The XJ-S is now a fixture on the classic scene. Finding a good one can take time and if its a manual you're after, there aren't plenty to choose from. Get a decent one like this one and you'll have an extraordinary machine.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.