Wind Back Time
Jaguar MK2 3.4 Manual 1960
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I have had a very good experience dealing with Jesmond, both buying a 68 Jaguar and selling a 1917 Veteran. They are honest, reliable people and trustworthy operating a very clean and tidy business. I would be happy to do business with them again and would recommend that others do so too."Bruce Oliphant, Waiheke Island, New Zealand
What is it about these old Jags that almost sixty years on still makes us go all misty eyed?
Other old motors just grow into intriguing objects but this one is special. This one's mellowed into a blue blooded international icon.
The Mark 2 Jaguar reminds us of an age before political correctness, when it was OK to indulge in a bit of mild mischief.
Rougish, Vougish yet Respectable, Jaguar pulled off the big one when the made the MK2 because they created the perfect product.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- An Exceptional Collector's Car.
- Like New, Original Mark2 Jaguar with 63000 genuine Miles.
- Full Ownership & Mileage History is included with car.
- Original, including the interior linings down to the carpet. It even has the original recessed sun visors, pendant throttle pedal, which were only fitted to the early models. It still has the original oil bath air cleaner mounted behind the headlight inside the front mudguard. Also comes with complete tool kit issued when new.
- Jaguar Heritage Certificate Available.
- All numbers matching.
- Original 4 speed Moss Gear Box with electric overdrive and manual steering.
- Woodwork in excellent condition.
- Properly maintained by Jaguar specialists.
- Car was repainted over 8 years ago in Original Imperial Maroon, as factory paint had oxidised. Still looks in perfect condition today.
- All interior linings have been removed and interior ‘fisholine' treated.
- A one off car when considering its originality.
- Seat belts fitted hence Vin Plate present in engine bay.
- Chassis 1289, this car was built in 1959. It was registered new by Archibalds. This car had a total of 7 owners. The 1st owner (a lady) imported the car and did 36000miles. The 2nd and 3rd owners were a father and son together they owned the car for 41 years and only did 18000miles. The rest of the miles are with the balance of the owners. Previous owner for 5 years.
- Had reconditioned head and new radiator fitted and Koni shocks to front in recent years – receipts available
- Four chrome wires and painted spare.
- Comes with the early features- recessed sunvisors, no trim to instrument panel-early type air filter slightly different pedal layout etc.
The Mark 2 is exciting, quick and elegant. It comes with a predatorial brutality, that to this day few cars can match.
These classic cars are nowadays highly collectible with prices appreciating almost monthly.
Original examples such as this one are like a treasure - almost impossible to find.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT Only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.