Wind Back Time
Jaguar E Type Series 3 1973
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Having bought this car site unseen, it was exactly to the standard described. Jesmond even went as far to see to all any repairs it required prior to me collecting it. He never cut corners. I can only say that it was a very good experience dealing with Jesmond. Very honest and reliable people whom I would recommend to others."Brian Robinson, Palmerston North - New Zealand
Dropping a V12 engine into the E-type helped it evolve from a pure sports car into a grand tourer.
Under its long, tapering bonnet, Jaguar had developed a rather glorious 5.3-litre V12 engine intended for the XJ12. But fitting it in the E-type first was a handy way of proving its reliability. With 272bhp on tap, it was a wonderful way of guiding the E-type through its twilight years. And although the V12-powered machines lacked the frantic charisma of the earlier six-cylinder cars, they now had a sophisticated refinement instead that made them excellent GT cruisers.
Maybe an earlier E-type could run rings around them in a shorter cross-country blast, but when it came to charging across entire countries on motorways, an S3 is by far the superior choice.
The V12 model stayed in production for just three- and-a-half years. During that time, 14,983 examples were built, with most of the cars going to the United States. This example is NZ New and so factory RHD.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Matching Numbers Car – Chassis #: 1S51664BW
- Previous Owner 29 years
- Sold new by Shorters in Auckland – Original Certificate Of Registraion Available.
- Servicing History from new with Original, stamped Jaguar Service Passport.
- It costs a lot of money to restore an E-type nowadays, so sometimes jobs can be skimped on or skipped completely. This car had a full, body off, no expense spared restoration in the early 90's. Photgraphic evidence available. Engine reconditioned at the same time – thats main bearings, big end bearings – the full monti.
- Traveled circa 11K kms since restoration, then stored in a dry environment after that.
- Recently purchased by us, this car was recommissioned and serviced, and is now ready to be enjoyed. By recommissioning we mean new waterhoses, new fuel line hoses, new brakes, clutch cylinder, new top header tank, petrol tanks stripped, cleaned up / painted inside, petrol pump overahuled, tune up, general servicing, new oils etc.
- Brand new tires and wire wheels.
- Paintwork in beautiful order.
- Excellent Interior – new roof lining.
- Extremely clean engine bay.
The last of the E-types isn't everybody's cup of tea, because it's set up as a refined and fast grand tourer, not a sports car. Some people argue that the V12 is too refined for the car and seems much more at home in an XJ12 saloon. However, if you love the E-type shape but find the six-cylinder engines a bit too aggressively sporty, then the Series 3 is for you.
Car will be sold warranted and registered if sold in New Zealand.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.