Wind Back Time
Humber Twelve Vogue 1935
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hello Jesmond, It's been 2 weeks since the Alfa Sprint arrived, and we have covered around 750 km in that time. We are both loving driving the car, and are so glad that we managed to find such an amazingly original example of this classic model. The Alfa is absolutely correct to your description, and we would like to sincerely thank you for carrying out the sale process in such an efficient and correct manner; everything you promised was done, and it was delivered ahead of time, so that we could display it at the major Blenheim Classic Car day as we had hoped. We would certainly recommend you, and Waimak Classic Cars as excellent to deal with."Ash & Sandra, Motueka, New Zealand
1935 Humber 12 Vogue Pillarless Saloon
Humber is a dormant British automobile marque which could date its beginnings to Thomas Humber's bicycle company founded in 1868.
Following their involvement in Humber through Hillman in 1928, the Rootes brothers acquired a controlling interest and joined the Humber board in 1932 making Humber part of their Rootes Group.
Humber Twelve was virtually a new car for the 1935 selling season. It had a new chassis frame and the engine and radiator were mounted several inches farther forward than before. The range focused on luxury models such as the Humber Vogue, which was a special edition of the Humber 12.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A Complete Body-off, restored classic.
- This VERY UNIQUE CAR was sold new in 1935 by Humber Limited in Coventry to a certain Mrs. Joad in Exeter, England. Original number plates are still available.
- A 1935 purchase letter from Humber is still preserved with car along with original Humber Guarantee and original papers. Servicing chart, lubrication chart, wiring diagrams and other technical specifications are all available with car.
- This eighty year old car is EXTREMELY RARE. We are informed that less than three (3) cars still exist today on the Humber register and one of them is this one here in New Zealand. This is Chassis #: 21025 / Engine #: 21080 and is in MINT CONDITION.
- Always garaged, this car's body is as straight as an arrow. It is rust free and paint is beautiful.
- Mechanically in excellent order. This car is FIRST CLASS throughout and will provide endless pleasure to the motoring experiences of yesteryear.
- Car was first registered in New Zealand in 2010. It has had only two owners in New Zealand and has traveled under 5000miles since restoration.
The opportunity to acquire a most beautiful, extremely rare stately car such as this one is few and far between, especially one with this level of quality.
They say love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art. This car is best described as in harmony with its own personal character. It is an ornament, an appreciating center piece in any collection.
Would suit a serious collector and PRICE IS FIRM.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.