Wind Back Time
Ford Capri MK3 2.8 V6 1984
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Dear Gloria and Jesmond, we are very happy with our recently purchased Daimler Sovereign and thank you for the helpful and supportive way you have enabled us to complete the purchase transactions. For us, this was the first time we bought sight unseen. It was also the first time we have used a transporter to convey our our purchase home. Needless to say, the vehicle, on arrival, was found to be in the excellent condition relative to age which we had come to anticipate. So far, whenever we have used it, complimentary comments have been in evidence. We look particularly look forward to being able to allow our grandchildren to travel safely on the rear seat. The anticipation of our future vintage motoring experience is palpable!"Peter & Rosalie Donovan, Whakatane, New Zealand
The final – and some would say ultimate – Capri arrived in 1978.
Designated Project Carla, the re-invigorated coupe looked mean and moody, and proved that the Ford stylists had not lost their magic touch.
Once again, the Capri became the pushy young exec's weapon of choice, and the ‘S' versions did all they needed to impress potential buyers who may have otherwise been tempted to go and buy a Manta. Ford dropped the Essex engine in 1981, replacing it with the ‘Cologne' V6 – this creating one of the coolest-named cars in the world – The Capri Injection¦
Boasting 160bhp and a 0-60mph time of 7.7 seconds, the Capri was able, once again, to punch above its weight, and give the snobs from Germany and Italy a bloody nose.
In 1987, time was called on one of the defining cars of a generation, and after a run of nearly two million cars, the book was closed on a legend.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A mind-blowing Ford Capri 2.8 Injection with a remarkable 45K miles.
- This outstanding unrestored Ford Capri 2.8 Injection is without question an exceptionally special car.
- Near flawless paint with any small stone chips and touched in markings are entirely minimal and forgiven for such an original example.
- All trim sections and decals are preserved with no damage from exposure to elements.
- A low mileage, low ownership and beautifully preserved Capri, the jewel in any Ford collection.
- Beautiful Original Interior¦entirely commensurate with miles covered. The supportive seats are spotlessly clean with firm seat structure
- The door cards, headlining and trim sections are as new and carpeting is pristine.
- Steering wheel and gear knob are perfect with natural veins prominent, a trait of such low mileage.
- The factory fresh dashboard has no cracks whatsoever and all switchgear and controls are as new with bright white lettering. The factory fitted stereo cassette and manual aerial are fully operational.
- The fantastic engine bay is fastidiously standard.
- The 5 speed gearbox is direct and progression through the range is effortless.
- RS Rims
- VIN#: WFOCXXGAECEB82892 / Engine #: EBB2892
- 5 owners – 4 long term
- One of the best examples around.
- Spare wheel, jack available with car
- Recent work carried out – Complete new exhaust system, New left rear axle bearing seal, Radiator repaired, All new gaskets & seals through out the engine (was removed & Painted original grey), New tyres(x4), All liquids drained &changed.
Great looks improved by the final facelift, brilliantly marketed, exciting drive in V6 form.
A unique opportunity to acquire an iconic unmolested Capri 2.8 injection with amazing credentials and condition to match. One for the serious collector.
Car Drives Beautifully and will be sold warranted and registered.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.