Wind Back Time
Daimler Sovereign 1968
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"This was our first purchase from Waimak Classic Cars and has gone very well. Jesmond and Gloria were very attentive thru the complete process and nothing was a problem. Small issues were promptly fixed and attention to detail was good. Thank you and we look forward to many happy years driving our new classic. Best Regards"Mike Holden, Palmerston North, New Zealand
Sales of the S-Types were disappointing and with the new ‘single' model still a year or so away, Lyons decided that an interim model was vital. Hence the 420 Sovereign was introduced in 1967.
In appearance it was an S Type with the Mark X frontal treatment. Like the S-Type, it benefited from the independent rear suspension first fitted to the E-Type but unlike the s-type it was fitted with the 4.2 ltr engine.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Heritage Certificate Available
- VCC Identification #: P60V0317
- Original Certificate Of Registration available
- Operator's Manual and Factory books available.
- Good provenance – various servicing, maintenance records (in access of $40K) available.
- First owned in Wanganui
- Very Rare in Manual with Overdrive
- Wire Wheels
- Laser straight body with beautiful, like new paintwork ($26K+ Job), which included complete strip down, any rust removed and repaint.
- Brand new interior
- Beautiful Chromework & Woodwork
- Well insulated Vehicle including bonnet.
- Power Steering
- Vacuum Servo Assisted hydraulically operated brakes
- New Exhaust, New Battery
- Recent Servicing included oil and filter change, set tappets & chains, remove, dismantle and repair carbs, Air filter, mount and distributor. Replace choke switch, thermostat, renew front ball joint clips, tune carbs and various other maintenance.
- Absolutely Stunning in Every Respect
- A choice from two Personalised Number Plates can be made available with car
A beautiful, appreciating classic in hard to come by condition. Prestige motoring in a classic manner.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.