1958 Daimler Majestic
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Just wanted to say a massive thank you to the whole team for the experience of purchasing the charade. From the first minute talking through the car details and history I was filled with complete confidence that I was purchasing from genuinely kind and helpful people who have the best interest of the car and future owners in mind. Sorting through insurance and the shipment to Auckland was an absolute breeze, and the car arrived in 4 working days! The car on arrival was better than my wildest dreams, not a single ding, scratch or issue in sight - I am absolutely blown away by the quality I received! Feeling very blessed, thank you so much for the experience and I will absolutely be using you again for any future classic car purchases. Have a great remainder of the year, you have made mine!"Jack Varndell, Auckland, New Zealand
The Daimler Majestic was launched in 1958 and was in production until 1962.
Only 1490 examples were produced and very few of them came to New Zealand.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Low Mileage
- Low Ownership - 5 long term owners from new - one owner for 31 years.
- This six cylinder, four door saloon, with three speed Borg Wagner auto transmission and vacuum-servo assisted four-wheel disk brakes (regarded as a first for a British production car), would have been very mechanically advanced for its time.
- Interior is very original and extremely well preserved.
- Exterior is incredibly clean and tidy for age. Beautiful paintwork and very presentable.
- A real pleasure to drive – car is mechanically sound and motor seems very healthy.
- Like all previous postwar Daimlers, the Majestic was designed around a massive cruciform-braced box-section chassis equipped with coil-sprung independent front suspension, with a well located 'live' rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs.
- The engine is an inline six of 3.8 litres based on previous Daimler sixes with pushrod operated overhead valves giving a power output of over 147 brake horsepower at 4,400 rpm and produced a maximum speed of around 180 km/h.
This car is all that its name implies - Majestic. Luxury and power with an exceptional punch in the lower acceleration ranges as well as a good top end.
These models are becoming extremely hard to find in this condition. One of the best examples around.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing by Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.