1958 Daimler Majestic
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"We recently bought our second classic car from Waimak Classic Cars. Our treasured Alfa went back to North Canterbury, to be replaced by an MG. They have both been bought sight unseen, and shipped up to Wellington. Once again, we enjoyed our dealings with Gloria & Jesmond. The MG is in lovely condition and we are looking forward to lots of pleasure from our ‘new' car!"Mark & Gail Holman, Wellington
The Daimler Majestic was launched in 1958 and was in production until 1962.
Only 1490 examples were produced and very few of them came to New Zealand.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Low Mileage
- Low Ownership - 5 long term owners from new - one owner for 31 years.
- This six cylinder, four door saloon, with three speed Borg Wagner auto transmission and vacuum-servo assisted four-wheel disk brakes (regarded as a first for a British production car), would have been very mechanically advanced for its time.
- Interior is very original and extremely well preserved.
- Exterior is incredibly clean and tidy for age. Beautiful paintwork and very presentable.
- A real pleasure to drive – car is mechanically sound and motor seems very healthy.
- Like all previous postwar Daimlers, the Majestic was designed around a massive cruciform-braced box-section chassis equipped with coil-sprung independent front suspension, with a well located 'live' rear axle with semi-elliptic leaf springs.
- The engine is an inline six of 3.8 litres based on previous Daimler sixes with pushrod operated overhead valves giving a power output of over 147 brake horsepower at 4,400 rpm and produced a maximum speed of around 180 km/h.
This car is all that its name implies - Majestic. Luxury and power with an exceptional punch in the lower acceleration ranges as well as a good top end.
These models are becoming extremely hard to find in this condition. One of the best examples around.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing by Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry