Daimler 250 V8 1963
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I have now received my XK8. The car is just as you described it - in excellent condition.This is the second car I have purchased from you - sight unseen. I am very happy . The quality of both cars I have purchased to date confirms my belief that you provide a first class service to your clients. We have had the opportunity to have the top down in this lovely spell of weather and a cruise around the Coromandel Peninsula - the car drives very well.Once again - thank you ."Paul Barlow, Coromandel Town, New Zealand
The classic Daimler 250 V8 is a charming car, as luxurious on the road as a cruise ship is at sea.
We bring you here a most sumptuous Daimler V8 250.
Superficially, a Daimler 250 is a badge-engineered Jaguar Mk2. Only a discerning car buff would clock the moulded Daimler grille in place of the Jaguar mascot. But the Daimler isn't a leaping cat with a few changed spots, and should be celebrated as a big beast in its own right. It is powered by the last authentic Daimler engine after Jaguar's takeover – which is not only a dazzling piece of engineering, but imbues the car with a quite different character.
If Jaguar's legendary 3.8-litre is about pouncing faster than Mick Jagger in a singles bar, the more aristocratic Daimler arrives in its own good time. This is a car for driving to the House and then to the club, not for storming up motorways. The Edward Turner engine that found itself in a Williams Lyons body may have been designed for the sporty Daimler Dart but in a compact saloon achieves leisurely progress. It is because the Daimler finds high speeds rather undignified it has been overlooked by enthusiasts.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- As the title states, we dare you to find better. This car has had a no expense spared restoration in 2010 and its condition is still pretty much how it was when it was restored.
- Perfect body. Perfect paintwork, new rubber everywhere.
- Like new interior in cream leather, including door cards. Like new hoodlining. Beautiful woodwork. Like new carpets. All instruments work and in immaculate order.
- Like new tyres and wire wheels.
- Motor – had $8K on engine work carried out by renowned Christchurch Jaguar / Daimler specialists – John Finlay Motors – receipts available.
- Matching Numbers car
- Vehicle certified for seat belts
- This vehicles overall condition and presence is extraordinary. It is simply beautiful both to look at and to drive. Its V8 pulls strongly, with a throaty, 40-a-day rasp, and is a delight on highways.
- Jack, spare wheel and classic knock of Thor Hammer available with car.
- Low ownership with long term owners.
- Original Certificate Of Registration and Handbook comes with car.
A really posh way to travel – this car is an astounding find. Beautiful to be chauffer driven in.
An inspirational Daimler of concours quality throughout. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
Car will be sold warranted and registered if sold in New Zealand.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.