Wind Back Time
Chevrolet National 1928
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond, We met up with you in May 2017 to view the low mileage Imperial Maroon Mk2 Jaguar 3.4 which you had for sale at the time (advertised in a Car magazine as ‘The Loveable Rogue’) - which we subsequently purchased - photo attached. I expect that as with most people, there is always likely to be a bit of apprehension when buying anything mechanical second hand – especially a 60 year old vintage / classic motor vehicle - and we were no different. You will possibly recall that it’s body and interior is in excellent original condition, and it has proven to be in equally outstanding condition mechanically as well. Just to let you know that this car (as I suspect you expected it to be) is a real gem and we are very very happy customers of yours. Up until now it has been used largely on VCC outings, but we have recently joined the Manawatu Branch Jaguar Club so that we can further enjoy the car."Brian & Catherine Abraham, Manawatu, New Zealand
At the time, these cars offered a striking new beauty never before associated with a car priced so low. The striking new radiator, the new longer hood, and the beautiful Fisher bodies, with such graceful construction offering rich substantial beauty, in good taste throughout.
New appearance features at the time included:
- One piece fenders and new headlamps with wide non rusting airplane metal rims. These added to the beauty of every new Chevrolet car of the era.
- The trade mark of the cars were now fitted in a bronze plate of artistic design and a new radiator cap was provided.
- The new roomier Fisher bodies, with wider doors, made it easier to get in and out of the car. Increased leg room and offered the maximum in restful riding comfort.
- The lighting switch, speedometer, oil gauge ammeter were framed in a beautiful mounting on the instrument panel with the carburettor choke and windshield wiper control on either side.
Alongside proved dependability features, other improvements included:
- large, rugged, dependable four-wheel brakes that enabled the driver to stop the car almost as the thought flashed through his mind.
- New constant clearance “Invar Strut” Pistons
- Various new motor features improving power, efficiency, quietness and smoothness and the motor was now completely sealed.
- Two fold port exhaust manifold and new cylinder head design to give better valve cooling
- New larger camshaft, with bearings of increased diameter and length
- New thermostatic Heat control
- New Steering comfort
- New 107” wheelbase with new shock absorbing semi- elliptic springs
- New safety petrol system
All Chevrolet models at the time were finished in Du Pont Duco colours – the most lasting motor finish ever invented. Every detail of interior finish was given exacting consideration and presented to the occupants of the cars, the finish that is expected of quality workmanship.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Very Good Condition Throughout
- Drives and works incredibly well
- Very well maintained vintage vehicle.
- New Zealand New in 1929 – Made In Petone
- Once Used as a Taxi In Westland
- Done at least 12 New Zealand Rallies
- Body – Tourer/Convertible
- Seats 5-6
- 3 forward gears and reserve
- Disk Wheels
- Major restoration / renewal 1977 / 1990's
- Includes side curtains, repair manual and crate of spares
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if Sold in New Zealand
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.