Wind Back Time
Chevrolet 3100 Pick Up Truck 1954
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Jesmond, The Daimler Double Six you sold me late last year has been an absolute pleasure. Its a great car for weekends away and Sunday drives. It was also my main car for a while and was fabulous and faultless. Thanks again for your service; efficiency, honesty and integrity over the sale. I'd not hesitate to buy another car off you again and have recommended you to many people."Garry Butler, Wellington, New Zealand
Then and now, thousands of eyes were / are focused on Chevrolet Trucks because these trucks were the most powerful, finest performing, best looking advance design trucks ever built. They attracted and still attract favourable and lasting impressions to anyone's business.
From 1947 until 1955, Chevrolet trucks were number one in sales in the United States, with rebranded versions sold at GMC locations.
1954 was the only year for significant design changes. Windshield now curved one-piece glass without center vertical dividing strip. Revised steering wheel. Revised dashboard. Cargo bed rails, previously angled, now horizontal. Tail lights round instead of rectangular. Grille changed from five horizontal slats to crossbar design commonly referred to as a "bull nose" grille, similar to modern Dodge truck grille. Engine now 235 in straight-6. Seriel number codes unchanged from 1953. Hydramatic automatic transmission is available for the first time as a paid for option.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A Complete Body-off, matching numbers, restored classic.
- This Original Hemmings Tribute truck is CONCOURS – in absolute perfect condition throughout. Marketed, Auctioned & Sold in the USA by Barret Jackson.
- Marketed, Auctioned and Sold in the USA by Barret Jackson.
- Powered by its original completely rebuilt Blue Flame powertrain matched with its original rebuilt transmission.
- This very unique truck has all new wiring converted to a 12-volt system
- Between the new chrome bumpers is a rust free, arrow straight body all beautifully detailed from top to bottom
- This vintage Bow Tie pick up boast the pride of ownership and is a true piece of American automotive history.
- This Chevy was built to be dependable and reliable.
- Built in the USA with American pride and ready for the road as well as to be shown.
- This particular 1954 Chevrolet 3100 has benefited from a complete, frame off restoration. The cab and box have been restored to show quality from the paint work to all the trim seen on these great looking trucks.
- All the chrome and aluminum has been restored or replaced and the bed of the truck restored with properly treated wood.
- Open the bonnet and you will find the correct 6 cylinder engine with 3 speed transmission, beautifully detailed from top to bottom. The chassis is more of the same with a great level of detail and quality instantly apparent.
- The truck has a very rich appearance to it and the colour complements the body style very well.
- The opportunity to acquire a beautifully restored truck such as this are few and far between, especially one with this level of quality and one that hasnt been modified substantially making this a great example for the truck aficionado or collector.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles.
Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find.
Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle's odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed.
Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase.
We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle's condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 3106485 / +64 (0) 274 990020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.