1963 Cadillac DeVille Series 62 Convertible
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Once again a pleasure to deal with two professionals. My little piece of ‘Nostalgia ‘ arrived safe and sound into Napier today. A wash and a polish and it looks just like the photos….beautiful ! A quick call to Jesmond and I now have a handle on how to operate her. A short…if steep drive from Ahuriri up to Milton Terrace and she is sitting in the garage alongside the MGA. Should be a lot of fun come Art Deco season….I may even get in the parade with the other 500 classics. Many thanks for the wine & card and of course for your accurate description of the car….always good when your buying sight unseen. Last time I had this car I was sixteen and a half…had to wait six months before i could go on the road, im now 70 ! Take care till next time you have something that takes my eye."Stephen Beaumont, Napier, New Zealand
Cadillac was restyled and re-engineered for 1961 and restyled again for 1963.
Exterior changes imparted a bolder and longer look. Hoods and deck lids were redesigned. The front fenders projected further forward than in 1962 while the tail fins were trimmed down somewhat to provide a lower profile. Body-side sculpturing was entirely eliminated. The slightly V-shaped radiator grille was taller and now incorporated outer extensions that swept below the flush-fender dual headlamps. Smaller circular front parking lamps were mounted in those extensions.
The name "DeVille" is derived from the French de la ville or de ville meaning "of the town.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car was imported into NZ in November 2009 and it has had two NZ owners.
- Original 390cu Big Block
- Original 4 Speed Hydramatic transmission
- The VIN number is 7A8240G0709106170. This is a matching engine and transmission vehicle with engine number and chassis number of 63F106170.Prior to purchase, the car had been fitted new brakes, new shocks and new wheel cylinders. It passed the VIN test first time through.
- In the last 9 years, Car had a complete engine recondition consisting of the following:
- Disassemble and clean all parts
- Rebore 20 thou oversize
- Balance crank shaft
- Purchase complete overhaul kit consisting of the following:
- Pin fitted pistons, piston ring set, main bearing set, rod bearings, cam bearing set, timing gear and chain set, valve lifters, new oil pump, valve locks, freeze plugs, rocker arms, new camshaft, piston pin bushings, pushrods, inlet and exhaust valves, valve guides and valve springs.
- Fitted new water pump
- Fitted new engine mounts
- Fitted new alternator
- Rebuilt carburetor
- All new seals and gaskets
- Rebuilt distributor
- Engine bay detailed and painted.
- The cost of this rebuild was in excess of $22000. (receipts available).
- All glass on the car is original and chrome and stainless is in good condition.
- The red interior is all original and is also in good condition.
- The powered convertible top is in excellent condition and raises and lowers effortlessly and has no leaks.
- Like most cars of this vintage, it is not perfect or concours but it has always passed WOF inspections and never been failed at any stage.
This is a beautiful and cool cruiser that you should not miss out on - very well priced and good value for money.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
FINANCE PACKAGES AVAILABLE ON REQUEST!
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.