1963 Cadillac DeVille Series 62 Convertible
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I have, for many years, hankered after a Saab 900 Classic (pre 94) Convertible. For good measure the car needed to be a manual transmission. This model is very thin on the ground in New Zealand but I was lucky enough to spot one that turned out to be from Waimak Classic Cars. Buying a car unseen from 1500 km away was made very easy by Jesmond and Gloria. An inspection was quickly arranged and completed, and was accurate. Excellent communications made me feel very comfortable with the deal and now I have the vehicle I must say it is fantastic - exactly as described and promised.I highly recommend Waimak Classic Cars should you be in the market for such things."Stuart, Auckland, New Zealand
Cadillac was restyled and re-engineered for 1961 and restyled again for 1963.
Exterior changes imparted a bolder and longer look. Hoods and deck lids were redesigned. The front fenders projected further forward than in 1962 while the tail fins were trimmed down somewhat to provide a lower profile. Body-side sculpturing was entirely eliminated. The slightly V-shaped radiator grille was taller and now incorporated outer extensions that swept below the flush-fender dual headlamps. Smaller circular front parking lamps were mounted in those extensions.
The name "DeVille" is derived from the French de la ville or de ville meaning "of the town.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car was imported into NZ in November 2009 and it has had two NZ owners.
- Original 390cu Big Block
- Original 4 Speed Hydramatic transmission
- The VIN number is 7A8240G0709106170. This is a matching engine and transmission vehicle with engine number and chassis number of 63F106170.Prior to purchase, the car had been fitted new brakes, new shocks and new wheel cylinders. It passed the VIN test first time through.
- In the last 9 years, Car had a complete engine recondition consisting of the following:
- Disassemble and clean all parts
- Rebore 20 thou oversize
- Balance crank shaft
- Purchase complete overhaul kit consisting of the following:
- Pin fitted pistons, piston ring set, main bearing set, rod bearings, cam bearing set, timing gear and chain set, valve lifters, new oil pump, valve locks, freeze plugs, rocker arms, new camshaft, piston pin bushings, pushrods, inlet and exhaust valves, valve guides and valve springs.
- Fitted new water pump
- Fitted new engine mounts
- Fitted new alternator
- Rebuilt carburetor
- All new seals and gaskets
- Rebuilt distributor
- Engine bay detailed and painted.
- The cost of this rebuild was in excess of $22000. (receipts available).
- All glass on the car is original and chrome and stainless is in good condition.
- The red interior is all original and is also in good condition.
- The powered convertible top is in excellent condition and raises and lowers effortlessly and has no leaks.
- Like most cars of this vintage, it is not perfect or concours but it has always passed WOF inspections and never been failed at any stage.
This is a beautiful and cool cruiser that you should not miss out on - very well priced and good value for money.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry