Wind Back Time
Cadillac Coupe DeVille 1955
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"We are delighted to tell you that our MG has arrived safely in Auckland on schedule. We are thrilled as the car far exceeds our expectations and it looks stunning. Dealing with Jesmond has been easy and straight forward. Your media, the detailing of the car and your communication has been to a very high standard. We felt from the start we could place our trust in you and that you would deliver. This was done to our complete satisfaction and we are happy for you to tell others of our experience. It has been a pleasure dealing with you and we look forward to meeting you sometime as we feel we have got to know you so well. Best wishes for the future."Jane & Peter, Warkworth, Auckland
1955 Cadillacs had a 45% market share and were well ahead of their time and competition.
This 2 door Coupe De Ville is one of 27879 units produced and how many are left today? Not many like this, that's for sure.
The Series 62 is a series of cars produced by Cadillac from 1940 through 1964. This Series included a lower sleeker body, a new cellular grille insert, inverted gull wing front bumpers and tapered dagmar style bumper guards. Round jet style dual exhaust outlets were incorporated into the vertical bumper extensions and the rear bumper was entirely redesigned. A wide ventilator intake was stretched across the base of the windshield on all body styles and the chrome visored headlamp look was emphasized.
In 1955, the grille was redesigned with wider spaces between the blades and the parking lamps were repositioned directly below the headlights. On the sides of the body, the rub-rail moldings formed a right angle with the vertical trim on the rear doors or fenders.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- CONCOURS CONDITION – For those who are not aware of the true definition of the word “Concours”. Concours vehicles are the best in the world. This car is one of the best (if not the best) 55 Cadillacs in existence. It comes in the right colors. Its Perfectly clean, the vehicle is always groomed down to the tire treads. Painted and chromed surfaces are mirror-like. Dust and dirt are banned, and materials used are correct and superbly fitted. The one word description for this vehicle is "concours."
- Chassis #: 5562122649 – first registered in New Zealand on the 3rd of July 2009 – Imported from the USA.
- This car was subjected to a Full Body Off Restoration and has travelled ONLY 6000miles since rebuild. Big $$$ spent here.
- It has had a bare metal respray in original colours, completely rustproofed. All interior and exterior chrome rechromed, gold-plated or polished to make it appear as new as it may have been in 1955.
- Reconditioned engine, bigger valves, heads ported and polished, new performance cam of the era. Rebuilt and balanced bottom end. Factory twin barrels rebuilt with original batwing air cleaner. Original chrome Cadillac embossed rocker covers. New high power starter motor, electronic ignition with alternator, new stainless steel exhaust and mufflers.
- 700R transmission completely rebuilt to new specs connected to original shifter and speedo drive.
- Complete new front suspension, ball joints, bushes, tie rid ends, steering joints. Underside of the car fully detailed.
- Original upholstery (seats never touched given that they were preserved for many years with those plastic covers that were so popular in the 50's and 60's), leather and brocade, original door trims, new hood lining and carpets.
- Drum brakes with new shoes, new wheel cylinders, master cylinder and brake booster.
- Five (5) Kelsey Hayes wire wheels.
Absolutely Stunning! This is one of those Caddies that when you see it the first time, one says “Wow!”.
From the tip of the dagmars to its iconic tail fins, this example would arguably share top billing of all the 1955's remaining in existence – anywhere in the globe – its just so pure!
Not many like this for sure. They say the devil is in the detail but on this occasion this deVille is all Angel.
Everything is perfection here. An engine you could eat off. Plating on rear vent is perfect. Every nook and crannie is just so perfect.
This car would suit someone who wants the best and understands that the best comes at a price so Price is Firm.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.