Wind Back Time
Cadillac Coupe DeVille 1955
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"I recently bought an XJS from Waimak Classic Cars. Bought sight unseen.The process was very smooth and professional.Road transported to Coromandel without a hitch and arrived in A1 condition. Exactly as described - in fact, better than I had expected ! I am looking forward to getting out and about in the car around the Coromandel Peninsula over the coming summer. If you are considering buying a car from Jesmond and Gloria - do so with absolute confidence."Paul Barlow, Coromandel, New Zealand
No other marque of identification speaks so clearly of the product that bears it, as does the famous Cadillac V End Crest.
1955 Cadillacs had a 45% market share and were well ahead of their time and competition and this 2 door Coupe De Ville is one of 27879 units produced.
The Series 62 is a series of cars produced by Cadillac from 1940 through 1964. This Series included a lower sleeker body, a new cellular grille insert, inverted gull wing front bumpers and tapered dagmar style bumper guards. Round jet style dual exhaust outlets were incorporated into the vertical bumper extensions and the rear bumper was entirely redesigned. A wide ventilator intake was stretched across the base of the windshield on all body styles and the chrome visored headlamp look was emphasized.
In 1955, the grille was redesigned with wider spaces between the blades and the parking lamps were repositioned directly below the headlights. On the sides of the body, the rub-rail moldings formed a right angle with the vertical trim on the rear doors or fenders.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car was imported into NZ in 1999.
- It has had three NZ owners – last owner having purchased the car in August 2010.
- Restoration project commenced late 2010 and was completed in September 2011. Restoration and pre restoration photos available.
- Engine and auto transmission had been overhauled in 2007 – some receipts available
- The following work was carried out in 2010/2011 in 2 stages.
- The first stage comprised of completely stripping engine, transmission and driveline, clean and check that all units were ok, repair where necessary, reassemble with new seals, bushes and gaskets. Detail engine bay and repaint with Glasurit 55 base and clear finish. Full documentation of work carried out is available along with record of costs – total cost in excess of $25000.
- Second stage involved a complete body restoration. Car was taken back to bare metal, all glass removed and interior stripped. Interior and exterior completely rustproofed and car resprayed with multiple coats of Glasurit 55 base coat and clear coat in Daytona Violet with grey roof. All interior painted in same finish. Seats stripped and frames cleaned and powder coated. All chrome and metal work refinished where necessary. Work took place over several months at a total cost in excess of $30000. All receipts are available.
- Car has been maintained and serviced as necessary since restoration and has travelled less than 2000 miles.
- The car is a standard Coupe de Ville running single 4 barrel carb and 4 stage auto. To the best of our knowledge engine and gearbox are original units.
- The car has standard Cadillac features of power steering, power brakes, Autronic Eye automatic dipping headlights (disabled for NZ), and original radio (not working). It has Cadillac options of electric windows and electric seats and has been fitted with a modern head unit with 6 stack CD player in the boot.
This magnificent Cadillac presents truly thrilling beauty in every detail and from every angle. Inside one sees luxury and graciousness and on the road, Cadillac's masterful 250hp engine is incredibly smooth and its advanced power steering provided at the time the finest performance in Cadillac history.
Truly the Cadillac V End Crest have never before represented so much in quality, in beauty and in performance as for 1955.
A beautiful car, a beautiful price and a good sound investment.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.