1932 Austin 7
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Recently I purchased a wonderful old car from Gloria and Jesmond whom own and operate Waimak Classic cars. There were some minor issues which required rectification. Gloria and Jesmond attended to these immediately and with great goodwill, they did everything to ensure that I, the customer was happy, and that the car was as it should be. Gloria and Jesmond are throughly open, honest and reliable, and it was a great pleasure doing business with them. So, to anyone whom might be considering buying a car from them; be assured that you can do so with utmost confidence. I thoroughly recommend them."Des Brown, Canterbury, New Zealand
Austin's Magnificent Seven is a friendly vintage classic that proves speed and prestige isn't everything!
Can a car that debuted in 1922 still have a place on our roads nearly a century on?...Most definitely yes in the case of the Austin 7, the car that not only mobilised Britain but also provided the basis for many inspiring designers and engineers to work their magic on.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car was first registered in New Zealand on the 12th of November 1932. The car's registration was X19*156. In 1958, the registration changed to BJ726, the registration changed to BJ726, the black plates with silver characteristics.
- Its first owner was a lady from Auckland, Edna, who drove the car in NZ from the far North to the deep South over her 37 years of ownership, until 1969 when she passed away.
- The second owner was from Martinborough, with his wife being Edna's niece. The car was registered spasmodically in the periods 1975 / 1976, 1979-1980 and 1983 – 1984. We have photos of these. Cars did not require continuous registration at the time and were registered when they were going to be driven on the road.
- The original colour was brown / black (photos available).
- In 2003 the car was sold to Carterton, after that to Tauranga, after that to Papakura when it was painstakingly restored.
- This car's condition is Mint – there is nothing negative to say about it. It will have to be one of the best examples of an Austin 7 anywhere in the world. No doubt, it will impress even the most pedantic of individuals.
- Very nice to drive. Worth noting that Sevens were popular and successful racers in their day.
- Original Certificate Of Registration Available
Your first impression is that the Seven is indeed tiny – with such a snug cockpit for the occupants. It is hard to think of a car from this era that is easier to own or so much fun.
The spares supply is incredibly good, insurance costs are low and the cars are so small that storage should never be a problem. Your first go at the wheel of a Seven may be something of a culture shock, but once you get used to the pre-war dynamics, you'll be amazed at how usable and enjoyable this baby Austin can actually be.
It is a piece of British social and automotive history and as you get to know it more, you will find yourself driving it more and more – and simply loving life in the slow lane.
Buy an exceptional one, like this one, and you won't go wrong.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing By Appointment Only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.