Wind Back Time
Alvis Firebird 1935
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Jesmond has now sold two Jaguar cars for me and at very acceptable prices. Their marketing and website coverage is first class and your vehicle is displayed to it's absolute best advantage. I found Jesmond Micallef, owner, to be a pleasure to do business with. He is very professional, realistic, strictly honest, polite and always keeps you well informed on progress. Whenever I e-mailed him I always received a prompt reply. Obviously he has a vast network of contacts in the classic car industry. I would have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to anyone who wishes to sell their classic car."Neville Christian, Timaru, New Zealand
The Alvis Firebird is an elegant British touring car made between 1935 and 1939 by Alvis Ltd in Coventry.
Developed from the Alvis Firefly, only 449 Firebirds were produced, as a two-door Tourer, a 2+2 sports tourer, a two-door drophead CoupÃ©, and a four-door Saloon. In 1939, World War II halted Alvis car production to make aircraft engines, and a German Luftwaffe bomb destroyed the Alvis car factory in 1940.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Chassis 12884, this saloon is the only example of its kind in New Zealand. It has an aluminium body on an ash wood frame and comes with an all-synchromesh gearbox. The chassis are lubricated by grease nipples under the bonnet.
- An average of 24 mpg is standard consumption for this car, although as much as 30 mpg can be achieved under perfect conditions without leaning the engine to damage point. This is a most endearing, faithful and unburstable Alvis, after all it is the final development of the T G John/Smith-Clarke original design-concept of a 4-cylinder, overhead valve, well~built reliable machine with adequate performance. It could therefore be argued to be the last definitive Alvis ever built.
- Mint Condition – this car was faithfully restored from the ground up, as can be seen from photos. An extraordinary, beautiful vintage car in outstanding condition throughout.
- On the road the Alvis is impressive. The engine performs very well indeed, the gearbox is very easy to use and the Firebird handles and brakes real well. Its an impressive pre war four seat tourer and it's now ready for shows, events and touring.
- Comes with history, restoration and maintenance records – this is one car to be proud of.
- Three long term previous owners – 16 years, 13 years and 19 years since 1967, when the car was reregistered.
The detail of the Firebird chassis reveals the briliance of Alvis engineering. Meticulous attention to the all important detail of weight distribution still further enhance the Alvis reputation for further road holding and safety under all conditions. These, and many ther qualities are exclusive of the Alvis Firebird and that is why every Alvis owner is such a great enthusiast.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.