Wind Back Time
Alfa Romeo Alfasud Super 1979
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Matilda is settling down well in her new home, very cosy in our double garage, the paperwork is getting sorted, She has been cleared by HM Revenue & Customs, and I and now in the process of getting her UK registered and licensed, and then the fun starts. I would like to provide you with the following testimonial. 'While searching on-line for a classic marque I chanced upon Waimak Classic Cars and they had the very car I wanted to buy. The whole process of acquiring the car and transporting it from NZ to the UK was made easier by the professionalism of both Jesmond and Gloria, from making contact with an acquaintance of mine in Christchurch and assisting with the viewing of the car including a test drive, and their very friendly and reassuring contact throughout the purchase and shipping of the car, notwithstanding the significant time lapse between our two countries. I have no hesitation in recommending Jesmond and Gloria of Waimak Classic Cars to anyone interested in buying a classic car from them."Hugh Ivins, Norfolk, United Kingdom
Just as Alfa Romeo led the automotive field of many firsts, the launch of the Alfasud in November 1971 at the Turin Motor Show and subsequent commencment of sales in 1972 heralded a first for Alfa Romeo.
With its front wheel drive and flat four motor, the introduction of the Alfasud was one of the biggest design and philosophy changes to occur in Alfa Romeo's history.
The Alfasud received glowing reports and reviews about its styling, superb handling and good performance.The Alfasud and its design was a brilliant concept way ahead of its time and from my own personal experience, an agile and brilliant handling little car!
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car is in MINT ORIGINAL CONDITION throughout.
- Its all there, factory books, tools and all. An amazing find when considering that there are hardly any of these cars left. Even derelict ones are hard to find nowadays let alone one in this condition.
- Three long term owners from new – 2+ years, 19+ years, and 15+ years
- Drives, performs and handles like an Alfa should – goes exceptionally well around town and on the open road.
- A subcompact front wheel drive Alfa Romeo with a flat four twin cam, boxer engine.
- Rack and pinion steering, four-wheel disc brakes, curb weight below a ton, and 13” wheels on radial tires.
- Great road holding with that awesome, sharp Alfa note that screams noisily up to peak revs like a real racer.
- Good Original Interior – no cracks on dashboard, no rips on seats – amazing condition.
- Good straight, rust free body with ORIGINAL FACTORY paint
- The front suspension is the now-common MacPherson strut setup in front, with a beam axle, leading and trailing locating arms arranged in a Watt's parallelogram.
- Anti-roll bars front and rear.
- Giugiaro styling.
- Service & WOF records available
- Highly desirable and VERY RARE Classic Car
- Still on its ORIGINAL floor and sills
- Car has been garaged its whole life.
- Engine #: AS30160011552
- Chassis #: AS5051247901
- This car has a 5 digit odometer showing 21119kms. Actual distance traveled is estimated at 207113kms.
The Alfasud had no predecessor, and history has told us that it hasn't had a real successor, either. It took Europe by storm in 1972, remained an enthusiasts' favorite for years, and thanks to careful mechanical evolution on top of an ahead-of-its-time concept, stayed alive through 1989.
A cynic may argue that these cars were not perfect. This is because these cars had a heart and aren't we all just machines if we had no heart?
Don't linger if you're after one of these rare iconic cars of the 70's, as its not often that such opportunities present themselves.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT ONLY please.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.