Wind Back Time
AC Shelby Cobra Replica 2016
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Hi Gloria and Jesmond, Best wishes for Christmas and New Year. This is a really good car and I am so glad I purchased it. Thank you for the happiness and joy it has brought to us and the very efficient way you got it across the world to Northern Ireland"Keith & Adelaide Moore, Northern Ireland
The AC Cobra, sold as the Shelby Cobra in the United States, is an Anglo-American sports car with a Ford V8 engine, produced intermittently in both the UK and the US since 1962.
Like many British manufacturers, AC Cars had been using the Bristol Straight 6 engine in its small-volume production, including its AC Ace two-seater roadster. This had a hand-built body with a steel tube frame, and aluminium body panels that were made using English wheeling machines.
In September 1961, American automotive designer Carroll Shelby wrote to AC asking if they would build him a car modified to accept a V8 engine. AC agreed, provided a suitable engine could be found. Shelby went to Chevrolet to see if they would provide him with engines, but not wanting to add competition to the Corvette they said no. However, Ford wanted a car that could compete with the Corvette and they happened to have a brand new engine which could be used in this endeavor. This vehicle was built with the idea, to marry British elegance and American power.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Built from an Auckland Cobra's fibreglass body and customised Toyota Crown chassis.
- The engine is a 302 small block, putting out 350hp. Imported from Phoenix Engines, operating out of Phoenix, Arizona USA. The engine has just over 1300km and has been tuned by Steve Welford Motors in Christchurch.
- The gearbox is a Toyota W50, rebuilt by The Gearbox Company in Christchurch specifically for this application.
- The chassis features independent front and rear suspension, disc brakes all round and customised shocks and springs.
- The paint colour is a limited edition US manufacturer colour, Deltron PDA Light Grey Stone by Chrysler. Although this is not your typical Cobra colour, its deep champagne colour accentuates the elegant lines of the cobra like few other colours can. The body colour is offset by the darker grey racing stripes. This same darker grey was brought through to match the wheel inserts. The wheels themselves are 17x9, wrapped in Eagle F1 rubber.
- Lastly the interior, taking inspiration from Jaguar and Rolls Royce, the theme of the build was continued by using a combination or tan leather for the seats and door cards and a dark brown carpet for the remaining areas. The dash finishes off the interior with a beautiful Maple Burr veneer with liquid glass finish to superyacht standard. This contains the Pricol gauges and other necessary switches with imported custom hand built steering wheel.
- The interior is protected with a custom made tonneau cover ensuring a safe and dry car when parked up.
- As this Cobra is registered as a 2016 vehicle, it only requires a WOF annually.
- A gentleman's grand tourer with a lovely V8 burble for our beautiful New Zealand roads.
One could say that this car is New. Its traveled less than 2000 kilometers. No expense was spared to create this beauty and the price advertised is a give away when compared to what was spent to create it. If you're after a bargain, then this Cobra is not for you. If you're after the best example in New Zealand, then this is the car for you. A performance car that guarantees a smile on your face from the minute you start it.
Will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.