And what a car this is…what a beast!
Best described as Brilliant. Honestly, few cars make the driver feel so welcome, so special and so encouraged to drive quickly from the moment they engage in driving this car.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This car is a balanced approach to luxury and performance, with impressive results.
- Luxurious cabin with high feature content, quick convertible top operation.
- Immaculate Condition – no issues whatsoever.
- A truly refreshing design, but it's the competent and refined driving manners that make this 2009 Jaguar XKR a serious player in the realm of luxury convertibles and more than just a quaint fashion accessory.
- Boasts an all-aluminium structure and body panels that make it not only lighter than its predecessor, but also less portly than its competitors. Jaguar claims that the aluminium structure adds body stiffness for improved handling, ride quality and crashworthiness. We can personally confirm that ride and handling are certainly class-competitive.
- This 420-hp supercharged XKR certainly has a whole lot of oomph on hand – a grand tourer with the ability to impress and strike a chord among those seeking out high style and a certain type of heritage and prestige.
- Standard equipment on this car includes 19-inch wheels, adaptive suspension damping, bi-xenon HID headlamps, front and rear parking sensors, power folding mirrors, dual-zone automatic climate control with air-quality sensor, a power tilt/telescoping steering wheel, 10-way power heated front seats with driver memory, leather upholstery, wood trim, a touchscreen control interface, Bluetooth and an eight-speaker surround-sound stereo (with subwoofer, in-dash six-CD changer, satellite radio and USB interface for digital music players), and a power-operated cloth top and power rear windows.
- It also comes with a supercharged engine, a firm suspension with recalibrated adaptive settings, large brakes, retuned steering, active headlamps, an aluminium mesh grille, quad exhaust outlets, stainless-steel pedals, aluminium interior trim and aggressively bolstered seats.
- When accelerating hard through the gears, this Supercharged V8 makes up for its relatively modest punch with an enjoyable intake and exhaust soundtrack. The six-speed transmission is impressive, delivering quick, firm shifts that keep the engines in the thick of their power bands.
I’m going to have to emphasise just how good this XKR is because in my opinion, it can stand toe-to-toe with the best GTs at any price. Fast, refined, beautiful, high-tech and compared with an M6 or an SL63 (not least a Continental GT or a DB9) etc an absolute bargain.
Then again, do not take my word for it, as I love Jaguars, so completely biased in this case. Instead, come check this baby out for yourself and see what you think.
Car will be sold WOF’d and Registered.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry