1994 Jaguar XJ6 (X300)
Call Us On
Share With Friends
The XJ6 – code named X-300 – launched in 1994 was the start of the comeback of the great old brand with an injection of some $500 million by Ford.
The X-300 arrived after eight years of the previous XJ40. While it was an all-new model the X-300 used the same platform as its predecessor. That aside every other external panel was new, the result being a much more modern and definitely more athletic shape than the XJ40.
At once it looked elegant, yet sporty, and recalled the great old Jaguar sporting saloons.
Like all XJ6s the X-300 is a large car with sumptuous Connolly hide that covers the seats and the classic burr walnut trim that contributes to its olde worlde charm.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- One of the most beautiful colour combinations - stunning car.
- Straight, clean body with very good paintwork.
- Under the deeply sculpted bonnet lay a 3.2-litre double overhead camshaft straight six.
- A four-speed auto processed the punch on its way to the rear wheels.
- Underneath the X-300 rides on independent suspension at both ends, the front made up of unequal length wishbones, coil springs and an anti-roll bar, the rear using double wishbones and coil springs.
- If the suspension was familiar Jaguar the speed sensitive ZF rack and pinion steering was new at the time and much welcomed for its precision when compared to the older model.
- Powerful four wheel discs slow the heavyweight cat with ease, and there’s the added safety of ABS.
- As expected of a car with a price tag approaching $150,000 the X-300 came fully equipped with air, leather, remote central locking, trip computer, cruise, and dual front airbag.
- Boot area - like never used.
- Upholstery in beautiful order. wood, carpet, hood lining all in mint condition.
- Very clean engine bay.
- Beautiful wheels and good tires.
In all fairness, Ford spent a large amount of money getting the X300 right, so these cars are well built. No oil leaks, suspension clunks or rattles.
On the road, there is no better highway cruiser for the money. Overtaking performance is breathtaking, cruising at the legal highway speed is effortless and you are cosseted in leather and wood.
These cars corner on rails and no issue keeping up with todays traffic. It is at home in city traffic as well, and to put it simply, it’s a great car that is difficult to match with any other brand that is on the market today. Easy to service and live with.
The X300 is a terrific car, very stable, solid, comfortable, well made, and reliable. The engine is very torquey and we would recommend this model to anyone, as they are truly superb value for money nowadays.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry