1994 Jaguar XJ6 (X300)
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Paula from Amberley Friendship Group, Christchurch, New ZealandOur group had a wonderful time, they were all very delighted with the high tea experience and seeing the museum.I think lots of people who "hesitated" will be thinking they should have joined in for the fun outing.Thank you for hosting, food was just perfect and lovely serving ware."
The XJ6 – code named X-300 – launched in 1994 was the start of the comeback of the great old brand with an injection of some $500 million by Ford.
The X-300 arrived after eight years of the previous XJ40. While it was an all-new model the X-300 used the same platform as its predecessor. That aside every other external panel was new, the result being a much more modern and definitely more athletic shape than the XJ40.
At once it looked elegant, yet sporty, and recalled the great old Jaguar sporting saloons.
Like all XJ6s the X-300 is a large car with sumptuous Connolly hide that covers the seats and the classic burr walnut trim that contributes to its olde worlde charm.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- One of the most beautiful colour combinations - stunning car.
- Straight, clean body with very good paintwork.
- Under the deeply sculpted bonnet lay a 3.2-litre double overhead camshaft straight six.
- A four-speed auto processed the punch on its way to the rear wheels.
- Underneath the X-300 rides on independent suspension at both ends, the front made up of unequal length wishbones, coil springs and an anti-roll bar, the rear using double wishbones and coil springs.
- If the suspension was familiar Jaguar the speed sensitive ZF rack and pinion steering was new at the time and much welcomed for its precision when compared to the older model.
- Powerful four wheel discs slow the heavyweight cat with ease, and there’s the added safety of ABS.
- As expected of a car with a price tag approaching $150,000 the X-300 came fully equipped with air, leather, remote central locking, trip computer, cruise, and dual front airbag.
- Boot area - like never used.
- Upholstery in beautiful order. wood, carpet, hood lining all in mint condition.
- Very clean engine bay.
- Beautiful wheels and good tires.
In all fairness, Ford spent a large amount of money getting the X300 right, so these cars are well built. No oil leaks, suspension clunks or rattles.
On the road, there is no better highway cruiser for the money. Overtaking performance is breathtaking, cruising at the legal highway speed is effortless and you are cosseted in leather and wood.
These cars corner on rails and no issue keeping up with todays traffic. It is at home in city traffic as well, and to put it simply, it’s a great car that is difficult to match with any other brand that is on the market today. Easy to service and live with.
The X300 is a terrific car, very stable, solid, comfortable, well made, and reliable. The engine is very torquey and we would recommend this model to anyone, as they are truly superb value for money nowadays.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.