1990 Range Rover Vogue SE
Call Us On
Share With Friends
There may be a newer-looking Range Rovers around these days but that isn't to say that the original first generation version, with its familiar boxy shape, doesn't still have its supporters. In fact, it's still going strong - on the used market.
The original Spen King-designed Range Rover was one of the British Motor Industry's proudest success stories. When it went out of production at the end of 1995, it still looked as fresh and forward thinking as it did back in 1970 when one was exhibited in the Louvre as an example of modern sculpture.
This was a car that had real international appeal. It sold in markets as diverse as Japan and the USA, Canada and Australia - and demand usually exceeded supply. Well over 300,000 Range Rovers had rolled off the production lines by the time this legendary model was laid to rest; the final one off the line is now part of the British Motor Industry Heritage Trust collection at Gaydon in Warwickshire.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Powered by Rover's ubiquitous 3.9-litre V8, this was the world's finest 4x4. Only the latest Range Rover can match the earlier car's all-round off-road abilities. Off the road, you could drive this car over obstacles that would leave Shoguns and Troopers bottoming out, wheels spinning hopelessly. This car can take you to the highest peak or through the deepest bog, then, via the car wash, to the ballet on the same day, parking without disgrace alongside Jaguars and Mercs.
- VERY GOOD Overall Condition
- Good straight body and nice paintwork.
- Lovely original interior in outstanding condition. The teddy bear cloth upholstery shows no obvious signs of wear and door cards, headlining and other trim are in very good condition.
- Clean underneath, engine bay and all.
- One solid wagon that will outperform many of today's SUV's
- You need to remember that it's a 4x4 and drive accordingly. Having said that, this is the best handling 4x4 you can buy. These V8s have huge torque and pulling power.
- A modern-day classic - you can't afford not to have one.
- Like new Tires.
- NZ New- 7 actual owners from new
- This Vogue was highly specified at the time with the metallic paintwork, automatic box, air conditioning and towbar.
- Vehicle runs exceptionally well with the tremendous V8 woofle, smooth shifting autobox and continues to return excellent fuel economy (for a standard 3. 9 injection V8). There is much to be said for a well equipped SE Vogue and this SE remains an equally comforting and cosseting place to be.
- Genuinely superb condition inside, outside and underside. One of the tidiest Range Rovers around - will pass any inspection.
Pre 1995 Range Rovers are very attractive propositions. Like most luxury classic vehicles of this era, the older Range Rover models are now appreciating well in the marketplace. If you keep them well maintained, these cars are one of the best and most reliable vehicles and can be a real pleasure to own. VERY Robust wagon.
If there is any car that can genuinely be said to be in a class of its own, it is the Range Rover. Its combination of all-round ability has never really been matched by mainstream rivals from the likes of BMW, Audi or Mercedes and arguably even the latest crop of supercar-SUVs fail to enjoy the same cachet.
This is a great example, that will only appreciate in value.
Car will be sold WOF'd and Registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing BY Appointment Only!
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry