1989 Peugeot 309 SRi
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"To Whom It May Concern...I am a naive seller, who didn't know where to start marketing and preparing my vehicle for sale. The team at Waimak Classic Cars have done an amazing job by sorting everything for me from A to Z. They advised, groomed, repaired, collected, advertised and sold my vehicle for just under it's registered valuation. I am so very grateful for their assistance. I would certainly recommend them to any prospective seller. May others also benefit by entrusting their vehicles into the hands of the professional team at Waimak. Good job. Great result. An Effortless Successful Sale! Thank you."Melva, Christchurch, New Zealand
Feeling sad, lonely, neglected, and unwanted?
Looking to improve your standing in automotive society without breaking the bank?
Keen on performance cars of a bygone era?
Desperately seeking low running costs coupled with performance and economy?
...Then buy this car.
The moment you park up anywhere, people of all age groups will surround you wanting to talk about it.
They will regale you of tales of their youth, the neighbours or family members had one back in the day, and so on. Tall tales will be exchanged about the performance 900kg 118bhp can give you, and comparisons will be made between this car and its cousin the legendary 205GTi which shares the exact same drive line.
Telephone numbers will be exchanged, you will receive countless compliments from both sexes on a) your motoring choices and b) the way you have maintained this vehicle since 1989 and c) your exquisite taste in owning such a rare and desirable performance car.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- Two Owners From New, the last since October 2013, purchased at 28217 miles
- Low Mileage
- NZ New
- Mint, Factory Original throughout.
- Top speed: 118MPH - 0-60 time: sub 9 seconds - very nippy.
- Gearbox: 5 speed BE1, the sweetest close ratio transmission you will ever experience!
- Superb steering and handling.
- Service History: Stamped service books and owners manuals, since the first service in 1990, including every WOF sheet. Comprehensive invoices from change of ownership October 13. Also the original purchase invoice from supplying dealer, and old style logbook.
- Recent service works include new cambelt, tensioners, water pump, head gasket and radiator, front discs Nov 2017, near new Yokohama tires, January 2020 full service including radiator flush and antifreeze drained and refilled.
- Optional extras: Desirable pepperpot alloy wheels, tow bar (removable type, never used) power steering Radio cassette player electric windows, headlight auto adjusting.
- Rides nicely - With all-round independent suspension and rack-and-pinion steering.
- Nice simple dashboard layout.
- Loads of passenger and luggage space.
- Sticks to the road while not lacking comfort: amazing OM suspensions/great chassis design.
- Registered to: 31 Aug 2020 and new warrant issued March 2020
The main thing, however, is that this little Peugeot is such a pleasure to drive. This is a cheeky and obliging little car. Its handling is a strong point. The steering is well-weighted and the engines are willing and responsive. The chassis works with you in the tightest of corners; you always know exactly what the car is doing and how far you can push it.
If you're after a humble classic family hatch with a bit of handling sparkle, then this wee honey would suit just fine but good ones like this are close to impossible to find nowadays.
TRANSPORT / SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is BY APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.