1989 Peugeot 205 GTi
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Having bought this car site unseen, it was exactly to the standard described. Jesmond even went as far to see to all any repairs it required prior to me collecting it. He never cut corners. I can only say that it was a very good experience dealing with Jesmond. Very honest and reliable people whom I would recommend to others."Brian Robinson, Palmerston North - New Zealand
The Peugeot 205 GTi was, and still is, a full-bore, gold-medal-winning legend!
Simple. It doesn’t need contextualising with stuff about how good it was at the time, how far it advanced the concept of small, affordable fast cars, or any of that.
Just look at the thing – it’s gorgeous...you can see the design work seeping out of every little corner of its mouthwatering little frame. This is more than a few plastic pieces stuck on to a shopping car… the fundamental shape is stunning.
The 1.9ltr legendary GTi was a rallying king that put Peugeot well and truly on the Hot Hatch Map and was so successful that it became the poster child for the 205 range to this very day.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- This is a rare, stunning hot hatch, that will put a big smile on your face from word go.
- Super quick and what a stunning wee car to look at.
- The pepper pot alloys are some of the prettiest wheels ever fitted to a car. As hatchbacks go, I would contend that none prettier has ever been made. The more aggressive stance of the GTi just makes it sweeter to stare at. Same inside – beautiful everywhere you look.
- Imported from the UK, this car was first registered in New Zealand in 1995.
- This car is pretty much factory original - 1.9 ltr / 4 wheel disks - straight, honest car and an absolute delight to drive.
- Comes standard with Independent suspension and hydraulic shocks.
- The five-speed manual gearbox is a treat and the ratios are short enough to keep the thing on the boil even if you got a bit lazy with the clutch pedal. This is one of the most balanced and playful front-drive chassis around.
- Complete with Owners Handbook and service history.
- Great handling, funky looks and enough performance to see off many allegedly sportier cars.
This Pug wasn’t just beautiful for its day, it is still a beautiful thing to look at now or at any time and its beautiful to hear too.
Get the GTi in a feisty mood, and it offers huge, old-school hot-hatch fun of a kind you seldom get to have now. This is not not some pampered, delicate or fragile hatch, and neither will it be ruinous to run. It’s just far, far more fun than any modern hot hatch that I can think of.
Today, this legendary GTi is rightfully celebrated as a classic, and Peugeot is right to trumpet the 205’s achievements. But more than that, the 205 was the true 1980s game changer – as it predicted a move to larger, more sophisticated super minis.
It also proved that a car doesn’t need to be expensive or exclusive to be truly classless and accepted anywhere – just stylish and utterly fit for purpose.
Car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.