The final – and some would say ultimate – Capri arrived in 1978.
Designated Project Carla, the re-invigorated coupe looked mean and moody, and proved that the Ford stylists had not lost their magic touch.
Once again, the Capri became the pushy young exec's weapon of choice, and the ‘S' versions did all they needed to impress potential buyers who may have otherwise been tempted to go and buy a Manta. Ford dropped the Essex engine in 1981, replacing it with the ‘Cologne' V6 – this creating one of the coolest-named cars in the world – The Capri Injection¦
Boasting 160bhp and a 0-60mph time of 7.7 seconds, the Capri was able, once again, to punch above its weight, and give the snobs from Germany and Italy a bloody nose.
In 1987, time was called on one of the defining cars of a generation, and after a run of nearly two million cars, the book was closed on a legend.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- A mind-blowing Ford Capri 2.8 Injection
- This outstanding unrestored Ford Capri 2.8 Injection is without question an exceptionally special car.
- Nice paint with any small stone chips and touched in markings entirely minimal and forgiven for such an original example.
- All trim sections and decals are preserved with no damage from exposure to elements.
- A beautifully preserved Capri, the jewel in any Ford collection.
- Beautiful Original Interior¦entirely commensurate with miles covered. The supportive Recaro seats are spotlessly clean with firm seat structure
- The door cards, headlining and trim sections are in very good order and carpeting is pristine.
- Steering wheel and gear knob are perfect with natural veins prominent, a trait of such low mileage.
- The factory fresh dashboard has no cracks whatsoever and all switch gear and controls are in good nick with clear lettering. The factory fitted stereo cassette is fully operational.
- The fantastic engine bay is fastidiously standard.
- The 5 speed gearbox is direct and progression through the range is effortless.
- Spare wheel, jack available with car
Great looks improved by the final facelift, brilliantly marketed, exciting drive in V6 form.
An opportunity to acquire an iconic unmolested Capri 2.8 injection in nice, original condition to match. One for the collector.
Car Drives Beautifully and will be sold warranted and registered.
SHIPPING / TRANSPORT CAN BE ORGANISED ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT only.
At Waimak Classic Cars, our principal interest is to ensure the preservation of classic and vintage vehicles. Please remember that our vehicles are many years old, often with further previous owners. Many have been bought by us recently. We cannot know exactly what repairs or maintenance has been done although we do our best to obtain log books and copies of invoices of work done, when, and by whom.
Our descriptions are based on our own observations and knowledge and we look for the best examples we can find. Indicated mileages are based on the records showing with NZTA and / or the vehicle’s odometer reading. Because of the age of the vehicle, this can never be guaranteed. Our inspections are generally non-invasive. Our description is based on a visual inspection and on information supplied to us by third parties.
Any sale is on the condition that the purchaser relies on his/her own judgment and does not rely on our skill or judgment or on any representation made by us. This applies even if the Buyer has not inspected the vehicle before purchase. We strongly recommend that you have the vehicle inspected by an independent assessor qualified to comment on the particular vehicle’s condition. If you are unable to organise this, then this can be organised on your behalf, at your cost.
We are proud of our reputation. However, no older vehicle can be expected to be as reliable as a new one and so all our vehicles are sold on an as is where is basis. Mechanical breakdowns, electronic failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs are part and parcel of the ownership of classic and vintage vehicles. Reliability is a combination of the particular vehicle, how it has been driven and maintained, and luck.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: As Waimak Classic Cars is NOT a car yard dealer type of operation, we do not operate through fixed opening hours. Viewing is therefore STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT ONLY and A FEW DAYS NOTICE is always appreciated, as it is seldom possible for us to accommodate viewing on the same day of inquiry