1987 BMW 635 CSi
Call Us On
Share With Friends
"Just a quick note to say thank you for everything regarding my recent purchase.From my first telephone enquiry, I was left in no doubt about your knowledge, professionalism, & customer focus. I also appreciated you meeting me at the airport and dropping me back after we had inspected the car and taken it for an independent inspection as per your advice. I am very happy with the overall buying experience and the car was delivered to Auckland with everything done as agreed. Nowadays it's a rarity to find people who "do what they say they will do" and I would have no hesitation in recommending you to anyone else who is looking for a classic car."Brian Gibbs, Campbells Bay, Auckland, New Zealand
In the right hands, the E24-series 635 represents a high-water mark for BMW, an understated, sophisticated mile-eater.
The BMW 6-Series was a logical evolution of the luxury saloon in range this time, the 7-Series. As before - and just like the larger saloon - the 6-Series had sharp steering, keen dynamics and excellent performance. The styling was less clean, losing its pillar less side windows, but it aged very well during its production run.
Conceived as a grand tourer, the 6-Series is easy to live with, and gratifyingly agile.
ABOUT THIS CAR
- It's absolutely phenomenal, in terms of handling and road-ability. This is a car that still has plenty of bite. For a while, during BMW’s yuppie years, the 6 Series car seemed synonymous with financial professionals involved in arbitrage, acquisition, and leveraged buyouts, basically threatening to eat alive anything in their path.
- The 6 Series coupe was the replacement for the indisputably elegant E9 coupe. Surprisingly, it became BMW’s longest-lived model, with an incredible 13-year production run.
- This is an awesome car to reckon with - runs and drives beautifully - not to mention its overall condition - its STUNNING to say the least.
- Laser straight body with gorgeous paintwork.
- The interior could be described as almost flawless having been refurbished in previous years by Fibrenew.
- Comes with new heater box. Aircon blows cold.
- Transmission work carried out circa 3 years ago.
- Mechanically sound - one could almost say this is a car that feels and drives like new.
- Sunroof, power windows, mirrors - very well equipped - would make a lovely family classic - ideal for that road trip or country drive or even daily driver - its just a lovely car to own.
- Good tires, healthy motor - what a remarkable overall example - hard to find in this condition. To me, this 635 is all about presence. It may be a stretch to say that it’s a unique and pure shape in the way that an E Type or a C2 Corvette is a unique and pure shape, but it certainly is dramatic.
For most people our age, the 635CSi was just a cool looking BMW from a bygone era. For those who knew better, it was a portal to another era of the automobile, before iDrive, Bluetooth and “aspirational brands”, a driving experience that was distinctly analogue and imperfect, but with a fidelity unmatched by modern methods.
Driven back to back with any current BMW, you’d hardly know that the E24 shares a common lineage with the current crop of cars. A quarter century of “progress” has led to the 6-Series gaining two extra cylinders, two turbochargers, 3 extra forward gears and a suite of electronics that would be inconceivable in 1987.
E24s present an opportunity to get into a dramatic two-door BMW coupe without risking the kids’ tuition money. Many folks will still opt for the BMW E30 3 Series instead due to its compact size, tossable handling, and iconic ’80s movie cameos, but the 6 Series carves corners just fine, effortlessly inhales interstate, and is simply way cooler.
Today, and as a classic car, the 6-Series makes a huge amount of sense thanks to its commodious interior and improved reliability and rust resistance so be a shark. It’s the shape of things to come.
This car will be sold WOF'd and registered if sold in New Zealand.
TRANSPORT / WORLDWIDE SHIPPING CAN BE ORGANISED ON THIS VEHICLE ON BUYER'S BEHALF AT BUYERS COST.
Viewing is STRICTLY BY PRIOR APPOINTMENT only.
Invest In Your Own Classic Car Fund!Take Control of your Money Now!
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
DISCLAIMER (Please Read)
NOTIFICATION AS TO NATURE OF GOODS IN TERMS OF THE CONSUMER GUARANTEES ACT 1993
Waimak Classic Cars accepts that the vehicle being sold must be of “acceptable quality” in terms of section 7 of the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (the Act) having regard to “the nature of the goods”.
Waimak Classic Cars is not aware of any specific defects with the vehicle, however (a) such a vehicle being a classic vehicle may have mechanical breakdowns, electrical failures at inconvenient times and maintenance costs being part of and parcel of ownership of a classic car; (b) reliability is a combination of the particular nature of the classic vehicle, how it is being driven, how it has been maintained, and to a certain extent luck.
The Purchaser acknowledges that the vehicle is being sold as a classic car; that in terms of the Act and the nature of the goods, the vehicle, is an old car that may have faults, unlike a modern motor vehicle.
The Purchaser is encouraged to personally fully inspect the vehicle and/or to have the vehicle inspected, fully assessed and maintained by an experienced classic car mechanic.
The Purchaser acknowledges that they have read and fully understand this notification and the nature of a car which is many years old.
For more information about this vehicle, please contact us Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 6:00pm (New Zealand Standard Time) on +64 (0) 3 310-6485 / +64 (0) 274 990-020. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com anytime.
PLEASE NOTE: Waimak Classic Cars is Not a car yard dealer type of operation. As a result, we do not operate through fixed opening hours and viewing is By Appointment Only.